cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM Upgrade failed from 5.1(3g) to 7.1(3b)

Hi all,

I have 3 CUCM server in a cluster running version 5.1.3.8000-4 and i've already bought 3 new MCS server for replacing old servers. It is not possible to upgrade the old server to version 7.1(3b) because i don't have Software Feature license. The new servers are not supported for version 5.1(3g). The configuration in production is too many to configure the new servers from scratch. The production servers are supporting about 1500 ip phone, 100 gateway.

I backup the config from production and then i restore it to a server (MCS7825) in lab environments. I upgrade that server to version 7.1(3b) but it always failed. I've done this upgrade twice and both are failed. I wonder what causing this issue. I've attached the install log during the upgrade, maybe somebody can help me

Thanks.

7 Replies 7

Joseph Martini
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Thanks for attaching the logs.  Can you also attach the Database Installation Service logs from both the active and inactive partition?  The cause of the problem will be seen there.

hi joemar2,

Thanks for your response. How to get Database Installation Service logs? Could you guide me please?

Thanks.

Tapan Dutt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

hi

Do you see any errors on the screen when doing an upgrade, if yes can you attach the screen-shot (there is common error stating that a valid upgarde is cannot be found in the directory)also hw are you upgrading, are you using an external SFTP or is it via a DVD

Thanks

Tapan

Dear Tapan,

The installation is running but it is failed in the end. I'm using a DVD from Cisco.

Thanks.

You have to collect those logs using the Real Time Monitoring Tool: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a0080094e89.shtml

huangzg
Level 1
Level 1

I am having exact same issue, has it been fixed? How?

Hi Huang,

Can you ensure that all your em users are logged out and no one is performing login logout during the time of the upgrade.

CM 5.x was very susceptible to EM changes during L2 upgrades.

hope this helps..

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: