Views
Helpful
Replies

cucm upgrade for partners

carolina_56
Level 1
Level 1

good morning,

we are cisco premier partner, we have a cucm 6.1 since 3 ayers ago, we didn´t buy UCSS when we bought it, now we want to upgrade to cucm 8.5, so we bought UC NFR KIT, but now I´m facing with we cannot use the UC NFR 8 kit to migrate from version 6.1.

we have essential service active for the CUCM 6.1, so we are looking forward to find the right way to upgrade. we also have other UC applications like unity version 4, meeting place version 2.1, and ccx 5.0.

now we are thinking about this plan for partners "Cisco Unified Workspace for Partners", I´m attaching the ordering guide of it.

but I have these questions:

- with the UC NFR 8, can we upgrade? how?. after we upgrade can we use the 150 users licenses?

- with the Cisco Unified Workspace for Partners, it says about upgrade: "Upgrades: Partners who already have Cisco Unified Communications applications installed, the Cisco Unified Communications Manager user license and server license provided with Cisco Unified Workspace for Partners is incremental to existing licensing. Total device license unit count will include all existing users plus the total users ordered with Cisco Unified Workspace for Partners. Upgrade media are provided with the software kit."

currently we have 100 users on version 6.1, and we want to add 50 users more, so how many users we have to buy for being able to upgrade to version 8.5? 150 users licenses or only 50 users licenses?

finally for the existent 100 users we want to keep them with essential and UCSS, but they already have 1 year of ucss (11 months more from now), so we need 2 years of essential and 3 years of ucss, how is the best way to do it? is still the actual essential valid after the upgrade?

if this is not the right way for the upgrade please give me the right one.

thanks in advance for your help,

sincerely

Carolina Morales

1 Reply 1

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The NFR kit is for lab use, not production. It says that clearly when you order it.

CUWP is the way to go. If you do not have an active UCSS contract on the products you can just buy CUWP outright as a new purchase. I'm going to refer you to your CAM for further assistance. The details of this program are not public.