Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM upgrade from 4.x to 8.x without DMA

Asad Raza
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I read somewhere that in order to use DMA, the XML file would have to be inserted during the installation process however, we have already installed the new version and are attempting to migrate the phones over using BAT, but are unsuccessful. Only part of the phones have transferred, whereas the remaining phones are being rejected from being imported by BAT. A Cisco licensing rep. has told me that I do not need to do a reinstall.

Can anyone clarify whether I can proceed with the migration without using DMA? Thanks!

Regards,

Asad

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There is no DMA from 4.X to 8.X, you need to go from 4.X to 7.X and then upgrade to 8.X if you want to use DMA.

Right now your option is to use BAT and modify the exported info as necessary so it's compliant with CUCM 8.X as you'll need to add fields that didn't even exist on 4.X and are mandatory.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

Hello,

Thank you for your reply. Yes I went through the upgrade path documentation but I didn't want to go through the DMA process. Instead, I have done a fresh install and although I have modified the csv files to adapt to version 8.x, the problem does not lie in the formatting, but the license units. After exportation, BAT does not import all phones due to a lack of licenses for the phones however, the client has purchased 600 UCLs, which should be more than sufficient to cover all 400 or so users. The license unit report show 1200 licenses, and 1258 being use, with an overage of 58. These licenses to my knowledge are cost free and are calculated based on the type of phone 3 for 7911, 4 for 7965, etc. Any ideas how I can get more of these licences without having to do a reinstall and run DMA? Thanks!

Reach licensing for that matter

licensing@cisco.com

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: