Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM Upgrade from version 8.5 to version 9.X

peternnaji
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, 

My customer has initially  done a CUCM Upgrade from Version 6.1.2 to version 8.5 (both on MCS Server Platform). Now they want to move to version 9.X or 10.x, but they done have a valid UCSS. And I also understand that the UCSS and ESW have been replaced with the SWSS and ECMU.

Note that they already have a UCS server to host the intended new version 9.X CUCM.

My question: 

If they renew their software subscription, will they be privileged to have access to the Product Upgrade Tool (PUT) and upgrade to the desired 9.x or 10.x? If possible, what would be the part number to be used in quoting for the Software support renewal?

Attached the BOM that was used for the initial upgrade in subsequent emails.

Thanks in anticipation of your quick response.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Terry Cheema
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Yes your understanding is correct UCSS + ESW are both EoL and replaced by SWSS ( which is quoted as ECMU). SWSS entitles major upgrades + TAC support. So basically SWSS = UCSS + ESW.

If they renew their existing UCSS subscription they will be entitled to free major upgrade.

-Terry

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Terry Cheema
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Yes your understanding is correct UCSS + ESW are both EoL and replaced by SWSS ( which is quoted as ECMU). SWSS entitles major upgrades + TAC support. So basically SWSS = UCSS + ESW.

If they renew their existing UCSS subscription they will be entitled to free major upgrade.

-Terry

Hi Terry, 

Thank you so much for your response.

From the quotes I have attached, which is the Bom the company used for the first upgrade (from ver 6.1.2 to ver 8.5), can you help with the quote that can be used for the renewal licenses? Also have in mind, the number of licenses involved.

Will appreciate you usual response.

Regards,

Hi Mate,

I normally don't renew our contracts, we have our Cisco Rep, who manages/renews all contracts etc. . But if you are a Cisco partner you can go to Cisco Service Contract Centre:

http://www.cisco.com/web/services/ordering/cscc/index.html

Launch the tool, enter your contract number and generate a renewal quote, or else you can try Cisco pre-sales helpline:

http://www.cisco.com/web/partners/tools/ph.html

-Terry

Please rate helpful posts

Thanks a lot Terry!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: