cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM User Config - difference between CTI Controlled Profiles and Controlled Profiles

James Hawkins
Level 8
Level 8

Hi,

In the CUCM end user configuration page in the Device Information section you can associate Extension Mobility profiles with the user in the CTI Controlled Device Profiles box.

In the Extension Mobility section you can also associate Extension Mobility profiles with the user in the Controlled Profiles box.

I understand what the Extension Mobility > Controlled Profiles box is for (to make that profile available for the user to login to phones).

I am unclear what the purpose of the Device Information - CTI Controlled Device Profiles setting is used for and cannot find anything in the documentation that explains it.

Can anyone explain or point me to some documentation that explains what it is used for.

3 Replies 3

Hi,

CTI controlled devices are basically any device which can be controlled
using CTI. For example, you can control your deskphone from your jabber
client using CTI to make calls, receive calls, etc (jabber deskphone mode).
Hence you need to assign the deskphones to the user to be able to
control it. If you use EM, you can limit access to the phone when that
profile only is logged in instead of full access to the phone.

***** please remember to rate useful posts

I might be wrong, but if I understand the OP correctly he is asking for why there are two specific configuration elements for extension mobility, one for user control and one for CTI control, whereas there is one for devices that would do both. 
@James Hawkins  Please correct me if that’s not what you’d meant.

Response Signature

Hi Roger, sorry for not responding sooner and yes that is what I mean. I seem to be able to control phones that I am logged into via EM by just setting the Controlled Profile in the Extension Mobility area. I do not seem to need to add it to the CTI Controlled Device Profiles box.

Could it be to control UDPs via CTI that are not assigned as EM profiles? - still confused!