cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM v12.5(SU7a) and MediaSense v11.5

tato386
Level 6
Level 6

After upgrading our CM to V12.5 our MediaSense v11.5 no longer records calls.  The error is "ERROR: Record Cancelled".  I realize this is not a supported configuration, but many times "not supported" doesn't necessarily mean that won't work it just means some features aren't available.  I just need simple call recording, nothing fancy.  Based on the data I have gathered I think maybe this could be made to work somehow.

The logs collected from MediaSense include "Reason: Q.850;cause=47" and "errorDetail: SIP_CANCEL_RECEIVED".  Which seem to indicate some sort of CODEC mismatch?  At the same time, I clearly see the calls still using PCMU as they always have which indicates the CODEC has not changed. 

Any ideas?

TIA,

Diego

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

tato386
Level 6
Level 6

I got this working after making two changes.  First thing I did was I unchecked "provide outside dial tone" on the route pattern used for the trunk.  Not sure how that got there or if it is the default, but I felt like it wasn't helping and wasn't needed.  After doing that the error changed to "zero size tracks" and a quick search on that led me to disable early offer for voice and video calls. 

Seems to be working as it was before the upgrade so we're happy.

Diego

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Not related to your question about the issue, but FYI there is no SU8 version of CM 12.5. The latest version is 12.5 SU7a.

Response Signature

thank you, 

b.winter
VIP
VIP

But "not supported" also means, that it is your repsonsibility if something breaks / is not working anymore and you are the one held accountable for it.

Have you checked the RTMT logs of CUCM? Just because the audio codec doesn't seem to be a mismatch, doesn't mean anything else is.
By just checking the SIP messages, you probably won't find out the root cause.

tato386
Level 6
Level 6

I got this working after making two changes.  First thing I did was I unchecked "provide outside dial tone" on the route pattern used for the trunk.  Not sure how that got there or if it is the default, but I felt like it wasn't helping and wasn't needed.  After doing that the error changed to "zero size tracks" and a quick search on that led me to disable early offer for voice and video calls. 

Seems to be working as it was before the upgrade so we're happy.

Diego

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: