Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM v9 AXL Service **Advice required**

Hi Everyone,

I am currently configuring the Solarwinds VOIP & Network Quality module, which requires all nodes to have the AXL service running.

Presently the publisher has this service enabled, but my 2 subscribers have this service deactivated.

Both subscribers perform the call processing, and I have been advised by Solarwinds to enable this service.

Reading some forums, there are discussions around best practice, which is to enable this service just on the publisher, but need some expertise on if I was to enable the service on the subscribers, what affect could or would this have?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Natalia 

2 Replies 2

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Natalia

No ill effects. It's just another service, it will add a little overhead but if it's required then do it.

The servers already run TOmcat anyway which hosts this sub-service. It's common (as any other service) to have it activated on at least two servers in your cluster for the likes of Unity, UCCX, or anything else to use.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

ankurs
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Natalia,

It will not cause any issue, important thing to remember is that if you do a read operation (any get or list api) it will work fine, but a write request (add update api) will write the data directly into publisher's database and it will be synced to all the subscribers.

Hope it helps.

Thanks & Regards,

Ankur

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: