Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM v9 Licensing question

abraham23482
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

We have 6 global clusters connected to a centralized ELM. All clusters are on version 9.1.2. We mostly purchase CUWL Standard Licenses when we add more users. 

We use Extension mobility globally and all users get a Jabber client as well. We associate the end user to the Jabber device. I know that a CUWL Standard license allows upto 2 devices per license. But we are not effectively utilizing it. Since we use EM we do not associate a user to a physical phone. So all the physical phones in our clusters goes in with an Enhanced license borrowed from CUWL Standard. 

I was trying to understand what is the best practice while adding physical phones in this scenario. Attached is our usage report from ELM. Every now and then we go out of compliance and gets into a tough situation. Could someone please help me understand where we stand and what is the best way to go forward with this. 

Thanks

Abraham

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

By the looks of it you have a whole bunch of people assigned with an enhance plus license, i.e using a device profile, plus something like  a CSF device/mobile Jabber.  is that correct?

you also have around 11k of standard licenses unused. these are used for adding single devices, so for instance a user that only has a desk phone, or an analog device.

check this link that explains the entitlement

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/products/collateral/unified-communications/unified-communications-licensing/C45_523902_11_9_licensing_aag_v5a_1.pdf

Please rate if useful

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

View solution in original post

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

+5 for Dennis for correct answer.

In addition CUWL Standard allows for up 10 devices assigned to a user not 2. For 2 you'd use Enhanced Plus license.  Sounds to me like you might be better off with just Enhanced licenses + voicemail licenses if users to not get more than 1 device as EM takes no license only defined device do.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

By the looks of it you have a whole bunch of people assigned with an enhance plus license, i.e using a device profile, plus something like  a CSF device/mobile Jabber.  is that correct?

you also have around 11k of standard licenses unused. these are used for adding single devices, so for instance a user that only has a desk phone, or an analog device.

check this link that explains the entitlement

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/products/collateral/unified-communications/unified-communications-licensing/C45_523902_11_9_licensing_aag_v5a_1.pdf

Please rate if useful

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Thanks Dennis and Chris

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

+5 for Dennis for correct answer.

In addition CUWL Standard allows for up 10 devices assigned to a user not 2. For 2 you'd use Enhanced Plus license.  Sounds to me like you might be better off with just Enhanced licenses + voicemail licenses if users to not get more than 1 device as EM takes no license only defined device do.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: