cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM10, IMP10, Jabber 9.7 and Outlook 2013 with Office 365 - No Outlook Calendar

richb1971
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Jabber is running fine except seem unable to show users Outlook Calendar in Jabber. TAC suspect its not supported as there are some MAPI register keys missing.

Any ideas? The certificate seems happy.

Rich

8 Replies 8

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Compatibility info is within the online documentation

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/Windows/9_7/JABW_BK_C4C679C9_00_cisco-jabber-for-windows-97/JABW_BK_C4C679C9_00_cisco-jabber-for-windows-97_chapter_01.html

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

panikosagros
Level 1
Level 1

Hi richb1971,

Did you manage to solve the issue? I have the same problem.

/Panikos

Steven Cage
Level 1
Level 1

I have a similar problem. I am running Cisco Jabber For Windows 9.7.4 (18974)

With the version of Outlook downloaded from the Microsoft Office 365 portal (Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus - Version 15.0.4631.1004), Outlook Contact Search and Calendar integration does not work but if I install the same Jabber client on another computer with Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2013 (15.0.4631.1000) then it works. Both versions of Office are 32 bit and I can reproduce the problem on Windows 7 and 8.1 Professional.

In the Jabber Connection status Window I see a successful connection to Outlook with MAPI.

Any ideas?

Steve

Hi Chaps,

Think I'm getting somewhere. Office 365 has Lync running constantly in the background - disable this and it should work. Had same issue with CUACA and Lync with 365.

I'll post back when tested more thoroughly but pretty sure its that.

Hope this helps

Rich

Hi Rich,

Were you ever able to resolve the issue? I was able to remove Lync by using Click-to-install with an XML file exempting Lync from the install. See below:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj219423.aspx

The XML can be modified to exempt certain programs:

<Configuration>
  <Add SourcePath="C:\%yourfilepathhere%" OfficeClientEdition="64">
   <Product ID="O365ProPlusRetail" >
     <Language ID="en-us" />
     <ExcludeApp ID="Lync" />      
   </Product>
  </Add>
</Configuration>

you run the setup.exe with a /download and then a /configure referencing the above xml.

for example:

C:\yourfilepathhere> setup.exe /download c:\yourfilepathhere\configuration.xml

C:\yourfilepathhere> setup.exe /configure c:\yourfilepathhere\configuration.xml

I tried this, however, and I was still not seeing the calendar in Jabber. I am still working with Microsoft support and TAC. If I get a resolution I will try to remember to post it in here.

Same issue as scage0001 here. Anyone have any ideas? Uninstalling Lync is not an option for me, required as part of customer testing.

I resolved the issue by adding the MAPIX Registry keys as detailed in the following post:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/office_2013_release-outlook/outlook-2013-integration-with-cisco-jabber/f7a31241-3e03-4bcb-bd8d-e31db8e98a81

Steven,

This. Is. Great. Already pushed this out through GPO and I have some happy users on my hands. OP, mark this thread as answered!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: