Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM11.0.1 - VMware tools Not Running.

Ritesh Desai
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hey Hi folks,

Would like to know the way of solving this issue. I have 2 Cisco UCS Servers with VmWare 6.0 installed and licensed. I have 1 standalone cluster (1Pub + 2 Subscriber). In Packaged CCE, I received notification VMTools out of date for CUCM Publisher and CUCM Subscriber-1.

Refer this URL: https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCuq16307/?referring_site=bugquickviewclick

Referred to google and installed vmtools by

• CUCM > right click > Guest > Install / Upgrade Tools > Interactive Tools Upgrade > OK
  • CUCM CLI > #utils vmtools refresh
  • System restarted. Again the same problem, in right click CUCM > Summary > Not Running (Currently)
  • From CLI, restarted the system.

Still the problem remains.

Please suggest folks!

regards,

Ritesh Desai.

*** Please rate helpful post. Please mark as answer if it solves your problem/query.
regards, Ritesh Desai
4 Replies 4

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Ritesh,

Please check the following bug

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCux90747/?reffering_site=dumpcr

Also, since you have already tried the following, if the issue persists i would recommend opening a TAC SR as in some cases it needs to be fixed via root access:

Go to the EXSi where the server is located, make a right click on server that you want to install the VMtool, go to the "Guest" option and select the "Install/upgrade VMware Tools".
After the virtual machine is restarted go the CUCM CLI where you installed the tools and run the "utils vmtools refresh" command.

HTH

Manish

Thanks Manish,

It has resolved the issue. Will draft the process for future reference...

regards,

Ritesh Desai.

*** Please rate helpful post. Please mark as answer if it solves your problem/query.
regards, Ritesh Desai

Thanks for updating the post.

Manish

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: