cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM7 Low Available Virtual Memory

balitewiczp
Level 2
Level 2

Hello.  Currently receiving RTMT Alerts, Low Available Virtual Memory below 30%, with tomcat useing most of the memory.  I have restarted the tomcat servvice, no help.  Similar posts have suggested restarting the RisDC service.  Is this the next step, and if so, can I do it during production hours, or will it effect call processing.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The RISDC service provides realtime info (e.g., registration status, perf mon, etc) and is an interface for applications (most commonly RTMT).  It is not a call processing related service.  What is the uptime of the cluster servers?  If they've been running for a while then it may be more productive to schedule a maintenance window to perform a cluster reboot.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The RISDC service provides realtime info (e.g., registration status, perf mon, etc) and is an interface for applications (most commonly RTMT).  It is not a call processing related service.  What is the uptime of the cluster servers?  If they've been running for a while then it may be more productive to schedule a maintenance window to perform a cluster reboot.

Hailey

Thanks for the quick reply.  Clusters been up for over 400 days.  Really wanted to stay away from a reboot, if at all possible.  I also went through and found a few trace settings set to detail, to which ive stopped them.  Since the risdc service is not call processing related, then there would be no harm in resetting this service first, correct?

I don't think resetting RIS would be an issue if you'd like to try that route.  I only mention reboot because it can be a clean way to do a little maintenance from time to time.  Granted, its not something you should need to do all the time but sounds like your system has been chugging along solidly at 400 days uptime.

Hailey

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: