Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM8.6 3905 time/date format

richb1971
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

How do I change the time/date format on a 3905? I've added the NTP server to their Date/Time Group and reset the phone - no joy!

Any ideas?

Rich

12 Replies 12

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

So, is the issue that time is incorrect or the fomat is incorrect?

Is the time/date group assigned to the proper device pool?

Are you using device mobility by any chance and phone is in roaming mode?

Chris

Hi Chris,

The date is in the wrong format. It is assigned to the right device pool with roaming or mobility.

can you provide screen shots of your date/time group, device pool, the device and View Current Device Mobility Settings link on the device?

Chris

Hi Chris,

Unfortunately not. I can get them next week when I return to site.

Rich

Any other suggestions on this? I'm back onsite tomorrow with no fix

39XX phones are SIP phones - correct?

You need to configure 'Phone NTP Reference' first and then assign it to the 'Date/Time Group'. And as you already said, the 'Date/Time Group' need to be set on the 'Device Pool'.

It should help.

richb1971
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Yes they are SIP. I've already set the NTP and Device pool. Any ideas?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

As Chris advised - send the screenshots. You must be missing something at somewhere.

Rich,

I hope this isnt a dumb question but can the SIP phones IP reach the defined NTP server Ip address.

Regards,
Alex.
Please rate useful posts.

Regards, Alex. Please rate useful posts.

Hi Alex,

Not a dumb question (was the only thing I hadn't tested due to time), but I've just tested it and it can be reached. Heres some screen shots of one of the affected 3905s (attached)

Despite the date format at bottom the phone is still displaying wrong format as MM/DD/YYYY!

Help!

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Rich,

According to the 3905 Admin guide the Date&Time format is hard coded in the

related Locale files. It doesn't look like this is a configurable feature

User Locale

User locale associated with the phone user. Identifies a set of detailed information to support users, including language, font, date and time formatting, and alphanumeric keyboard text information.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/3905/8_6/english/admin_guide/3905admin_921.pdf

Cheers!

Rob

"Show a little faith, there's magic in the night" - Springsteen

Cheers Rob. Thought I was going mad!