cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM8 CCMAdmin GUI Username and paswrod Reset!!

me.saadiqbal
Level 1
Level 1

Hi There,

I have a demo environment of CUCM 8,0 installed on a vm mechince with only 30 IP Phones runnning.

I have a post by Jamie Valencia for changing the admin password for GUI CUCM.

I have access to the CLI of the server,

I have tried the command set user admin password, but this command is asking for the old password.

I have also tried to use the command utils reset_ui_administrator_password but still not able to niether create a new user for GUI nor I am able to edit the password of the GUI CUCM.

However, I am able to log onto the OS Administration GUI and also Disaster Recovery GUI but not able to get into CCMAdmin GUI?

Jamie posted the sql patch for CUCM5, I wanted to know if anyone has tried this for CUCM8?

THANKS

Saad,

23 Replies 23

Hi There,

Can you please explain the procedure for

1. Use the Cisco repair media to repair broken files

What needs to be after getting the file,

Thanks a ton!!

Saad,

Its very simple to use. Burn the files to a media.

Insert it in the VM cd drive..Restart and follow the menu..

Please rate all useful posts

"'Nature is too thin a screen, the glory of the omnipresent God bursts through it everywhere"-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Please rate all useful posts

Hi There,

I have a vmware environment, so I guess no need to burn the DVD. I have to mount the recovery iso image to the vmware, and restarted the server, but the boot process completes normally and goes to the normal CUCM CLI admin.

Is there some way, we can force the server to boot from the mounted image in the vmware?

Step 1 Log in to the system with the following username and password:

Username: pwrecovery

Password: pwreset

The Welcome to admin password reset window displays.

Step 2 Press any key to continue.

Step 3 If you have a CD or DVD in the disk drive, remove it now.

Step 4 Press any key to continue.

The system tests to ensure that you have removed the CD or DVD from the disk drive.

Step 5 Insert a valid CD or DVD into the disk drive.

The system tests to ensure that you have inserted the disk.

Step 6 After the system verifies that you have inserted the disk, you get prompted to enter a new Administrator password.

Step 7 Reenter the new password.

The system checks the new password for strength. If the password does not contain enough different characters, you get prompted to enter a new password.

Step 8 After the system verifies the strength of the new password, the password gets reset, and you get prompted to press any key to exit the password reset utility.

Hi V.Naveen Kumar,

Thanks for your post, I have already tried the pwrecovery and pwreset procedure, although the password was reset, and only after this was completed successfully, I was able to log on to the CLI, but still no access to the CUCM GUI Admin page.

Regards,

Saad,

Hi Aokanlawon,

I got into the Cisco Recovery Disk, it prompts me to choose one of the four options. I have no idea how to repair the broken files, the options ar;

1. [W] WNDOWS pre-install setup.

2.[F] Check and Correct disk file system

3.[V] Verify the disk partition layout

4. [A] Align partitions on dsik(s)

5. [Q] quit

where do I go from here!

Just keeping in mind that I am trying to recover the CUCM Admin GUI password, I have tried all the procedures mentioned in this thread.

Hi

Nice post from V.Naveen BUT is for the OS password and NOT for the application password

Type F to strat checking and correcting files that may be broken

Type  Q for exit when it finished

Recommned to procceed with this proccess two or three times

If you do the above two or three times and the problem exist then you have to rebuilt the server

Regards

cc

Please rate all useful posts Regards Chrysostomos ""The Most Successful People Are Those Who Are Good At Plan B""

Thanks Chrysostomos1980,

Nice post V.Naveen Kumar (+5)

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Response Signature