Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM9.1 Legacy user in corporate directory

Paul Cobley
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Directory is synced to AD. When we built this off site in our lab we created a couple of test users. Now we are on site we have synced to AD and when we search the AD from a phone the test user still appears. When we search in CUCM End Users the user is not listed there so we cant delete him. All the users returned in End User search on the CUCM are "Active LDAP Synchronized User". So it appears we have a legacy entry in the local directory but how can I delete it if it doesnt appear in CUCM end user search ?

TIA

PC.            

4 Replies 4

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

These test users should show a LDAP status of inactive. You wont be able to delete them but they will be automaically deleted by garbase collection service which takes place evry 24rs at about 3am.

Please rate all useful posts

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

Its not even showing as inactive in the CUCM search - it isnt showing at all. It only shows when I do a search of the CD from a phone. All my users shown in a CUCM end user directory search are correct - this one doesnt show up there at all.

Since this is a 9.x system the users will not be deleted automatically; a mix of local and LDAP-synced users was a feature addition in 9.0.1.

I haven't encountered a situation where user records don't appear in the admin UI but do in the directory. I would restart Cisco Tomcat to start but others may have additional ideas.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Jonathan,

For local users to remain are you not supposed to tick the box convert users to local users or something like that...I dont think it happens automatically.

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: