Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCME 4.0 - How to have busy tone on PSTN incoming call

gesnaudniji
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I Have an IPPHone A with DN configured in single line.

IPPHone A is in conversation, if another IPPHone (B) calling A, then B gets the busy tone. But if an incoming external (from pstn) tried to reach A (which is already in a call), the pstn incoming call is cleared immediately with this q931 message:

*Jun 14 14:55:54.326: //300/E00E28D1802E/CCAPI/cc_api_get_transfer_info:
Transfer Number Is Null
*Jun 14 14:55:54.342: ISDN BR0/1/1 Q931: TX -> DISCONNECT pd = 8  callref = 0x86
Cause i = 0x8091 - User busy
*Jun 14 14:55:54.414: ISDN BR0/1/1 Q931: RX <- RELEASE_COMP pd = 8  callref = 0x06
Cause i = 0x87E2 - Message not compatible with call state or not implemented

What i want is to have a busy tone even for pstn incoming call... Hw can I do that? (Precision: I've got an Unity express, but no VM is configured for DN on phone A)

I tried to put "voice call send-alert", but it's not working ...

Thanks for your reading and answers!

Cheers,

Greg

7 Replies 7

acampbell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Greg,

Under your ephone-dn try adding huntstop channel.

Something like this:-

!

ehone-dn 25 dual-line

number 2025

huntstop channel

!

Regards,
Alex.
Please rate useful posts.

Regards, Alex. Please rate useful posts.

bernhardczapp
Level 4
Level 4

Were you able to resolve this issue?

Got the same problem using an isdn-bri in france.

If you have spare FXS port. you can make it constatly busy and configure "call forward no answer" to it.

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

*Jun 14 14:55:54.342: ISDN BR0/1/1 Q931: TX -> DISCONNECT pd = 8  callref = 0x86

Cause i = 0x8091 - User busy

CME is telling telco that user is busy. So it is telco responsability to play busy tone to caller. If thet don't, the problem is ot their side not your.

Note: you are running very old IOS anyway,m and should update it.

Robert Thomas
Level 7
Level 7

I think there might be a missconception, we play call waiting tone to the called ip phone not the calling device.

Even if you configure dual-line the line is busy, you would need to forward the busy call to a second line on the phone and CME will give ringback to the PSTN

I would imagine you could also increase the busy trigger on the ephone-dn unfortinately I don't remember how.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Robert Thomas wrote:

I think there might be a missconception, we play call waiting tone to the called ip phone not the calling device.

Even if you configure dual-line the line is busy, you would need to forward the busy call to a second line on the phone and CME will give ringback to the PSTN

I would imagine you could also increase the busy trigger on the ephone-dn unfortinately I don't remember how.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

No, when phone is busy, as OP expalins, busy tone is played to the caller, be that internal or external..

That is what the trace above show, at least an attempt, as in fact C.O: complains about the disconnect message ,  one would have to see the entire trace to better understal, alotugh I suspect itìs because the call has never reached conenct states, so in fact the rotuer in sending disconnect, it should send 'release'.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: