cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCME 7.1 Paging Question

gmgarrian
Level 4
Level 4

I have a basic CUCME 7.1 setup and my client would like to be able to do two things:

1. Have any phone dial a number which will page to all phones.

2. Have one to one paging setup so a number can be dialed and a single phone will be paged.  They want this for every phone.

I've looked at the paging documents but I've never played with multicasting.  When it says to enter multicast IP, is there a recommended address or range to use?

Thanks in advance!

2 Replies 2

Steven Holl
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
1. Have any phone dial a number which will page to all phones.

You will use unicast or multicast paging to accomplish this.  See 'How to Configure Paging' in the CME admin guide.  You only need multicast if the amount of phones in the group is above 10 (I think that's the number).

Any multicast address other than 224.x.x.x should be fine.

2. Have one to one paging setup so a number can be dialed and a single phone will be paged.  They want this for every phone.

Intercom can be used for this.  See 'Configuring Intercom Lines.'  You will want a button for each unique destination that you have.

I got the paging working!  Thanks for the info!

As for the intercom, it seems like that uses a dedicated line button to link two phones.  Is there a way to configure it to have a dialed number buzz ther other phone?  Like a unicast page but allow two way communication.

Thanks again!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: