cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCME 8.5 and CUE 8.0 warning message

steven.wilson
Level 1
Level 1

C2921-CME-SRST/K9, NME-CUE, C2900-universalk9-mz.SPA.151-3.T.bin, SCUE-NME-8.0-K9

When users contact the CUE to retrieve their voicemails the hear the following message "This location is operating with limited network connectivity, messages sent at this time may not be delivered immediately to all addressed users"

Will someone please explain what this means and how I fix it.

Regards,

Steve Wilson

12 Replies 12

a.leahy
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Steve

Did you get a fix to this?

Thanks

Andy

Hi,

Steven and A.leahy did you get a solution for this? Now even I am getting this message..

Kindly let me know what went wrong.

Thanks,

Fawaz Khan

Hi there,

The solution was to re-install the CUE software on the module and fully rebuild the thing. The “error” comes about from the cue running SRSV software rather than full CUE

Regards,

Steve Wilson | Systems Engineer | BT iNet |

Mob: +44 (0)7917 603227 | e: steve.wilson@btinet.bt.com | w: www.bt.com/btinet <> Infrastructure | Security | Unified Communications | Mobility BT Convergent Solutions Limited - Registered office: 81 Newgate Street, London, EC1A 7AJ Registered in England no. 3238603

Sent: 09 January 2012 12:25

To: Steve Wilson

Subject: - Re: CUCME 8.5 and CUE 8.0 warning message

Home <>

Re: CUCME 8.5 and CUE 8.0 warning message

created by khanfawaz <> in IP Telephony - View the full discussion <>

Ohh God

Is it? No other way?

Sorry, but there is no other solution to the problem. The software on the CUE module is working properly, it’d just the wrong software. The SRSV software that is running is meant to be used as a fall-back when the users natural voicemail boxes are hosted on a UNITY or UNITY CONNECTION SERVER in a similar way to phones being registered to a CUCM and falling back to an SRST enabled voice-gateway at their local site. If the VOICE-GATEWAY in question is actually running as a CME, then the CUE module needs the correct software loaded onto it.

Regards,

Steve Wilson | Systems Engineer

Sent: 09 January 2012 13:22

To: Steve Wilson

Subject: - Re: CUCME 8.5 and CUE 8.0 warning message

Home <>

Re: CUCME 8.5 and CUE 8.0 warning message

created by khanfawaz <> in IP Telephony - View the full discussion <>

Isn't great when people are told exactly what do to solve something, but then they don't like the idea of spending some effort to do it ?

+5 to Steven for taking the time to even explain why.

Thanks Steven..

I did the complete re-installation and it is working fine.. I did it 2 days back.. sorry to update it lately..

It was nice talking to you on phone as well..

Thanks,

Fawaz

Well done, take care.

This message has been sent from my phone, please excuse any bad grammer or spelling mistakes.

Steve Wilson

BT iNet, Systems Engineer.

Hi Steve, I realize this post isn't exactly new, but I'm having the exact same problem, do you have a guide of how to upgrade or migrate the SRSV to Full CUE?  I know i have to install the software for CUE, that's no problem but when I do this I'm guessing i will lose my licenses, right now I have these licenses:

se-172-19-20-252# show license in-use

StoreIndex:  0  Feature: SRSV-CUE-PORT                     Version: 1.0

License Type: Permanent

License State: Active, In Use

License Count: 2 /2

License Priority: Medium

StoreIndex:  1  Feature: VMIVR-PORT                        Version: 1.0

License Count: 2 /2

StoreIndex:  2  Feature: VMIVR-VM-MBX                      Version: 1.0

License Count: 30 /30

Is there any way to migrate those licenses for free to a Full CUE license? Or do I have to purchase the licenses for this= SKUs are different for what I can see, specially the SRSV-CUE-PORT one,

https://tools.cisco.com/SWIFT/LicensingUI/LicenseAdminServlet/migrateLicense?subGroup=CUEIVRFEAT

And you can obtain CUE migration licenses in a fully automated way.

Thanks Paolo, great info as always, too bad my CUE doesn't have licensed features it seems... this is what the tool gives as a result when I enter the PID and SN fields:

No license features available or you have already migrated license for this UDI.

So yeah, I only have a question about this issue, what are the consequences of this? does it cause a delay when delivering the voicemail messages? Customer says sometimes the messages appear with a different time than it was supposed to be, can it be caused by this issue?

Sorry, I have no idea about that.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: