Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCME Media between ip phones

gilbera
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have a CUCME running with a number of SIP phones registered to the local system 9971 and 9951.

When i call between then i have noticed the media is passing through the CUCME and not going direct between the phones. I understand why external calls via a SIP trunk should be anchored by CME but i thought between devices on the same network the media would flow direct?

I have tried the media flow around command under voice reg global but its still the same.

The phones do have video enabled if that makes any differnce?

Andy

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

This is because media flow around is not supported for video..

SIP Endpoint Video and Camera Support for Cisco Unified IP Phones 8961, 9951, and 9971

Cisco Unified CME 8.6 and later versions add phone-based video support and Universal Serial Bus (USB) camera support for Cisco Unified IP Phones 8961, 9951, and 9971. The Cisco Unified IP Phones 8961, 9951, and 9971 display local video using the USB camera. Cisco Unified IP Phones 9951 and 9971 with phone load 9.1.1 decode remote incoming video RTP streams and display the video on the phone’s display screen. However, the video and USB camera capabilities of these two phones are disabled on Cisco Unified CME by default and are enabled by setting up the video and camera parameters in the phone provisioning file.

Cisco Unified CME 8.6 supports local SIP-video-to-SIP-video calls and SIP-video-to-SCCP-CUVA-video calls on Cisco Unified IP Phones 8961, 9951, and 9971 on the line side. On the trunk side, SIP video call is only supported with SIP trunk. H323 trunk is not supported for video calls on Cisco Unified IP Phones 9951 and 9971.

The media path for SIP video call is flow through and media flow-around is not supported for SIP line in Cisco Unified CME.

Please rate all useful posts

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

This is because media flow around is not supported for video..

SIP Endpoint Video and Camera Support for Cisco Unified IP Phones 8961, 9951, and 9971

Cisco Unified CME 8.6 and later versions add phone-based video support and Universal Serial Bus (USB) camera support for Cisco Unified IP Phones 8961, 9951, and 9971. The Cisco Unified IP Phones 8961, 9951, and 9971 display local video using the USB camera. Cisco Unified IP Phones 9951 and 9971 with phone load 9.1.1 decode remote incoming video RTP streams and display the video on the phone’s display screen. However, the video and USB camera capabilities of these two phones are disabled on Cisco Unified CME by default and are enabled by setting up the video and camera parameters in the phone provisioning file.

Cisco Unified CME 8.6 supports local SIP-video-to-SIP-video calls and SIP-video-to-SCCP-CUVA-video calls on Cisco Unified IP Phones 8961, 9951, and 9971 on the line side. On the trunk side, SIP video call is only supported with SIP trunk. H323 trunk is not supported for video calls on Cisco Unified IP Phones 9951 and 9971.

The media path for SIP video call is flow through and media flow-around is not supported for SIP line in Cisco Unified CME.

Please rate all useful posts