cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCME non alphanumeric em login?

Nigel Pyne
Level 1
Level 1

Okay, so I've almost completed my first CUCME instal and the customer has requested non alphanumeric logins for extension mobility. For the life of me I can't find any documentation noting how this can be done.

So can it? And, if so, how?

Nigel

7 Replies 7

phooghen
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

From http://cisco.biz/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/command/reference/cme_u1ht.html#wp1031067

user (voice user-profile)

To create an authentication credential to be used by Extension Mobility in Cisco Unified CME, use the username command in voice user-profile configuration mode. To remove the credential, use the no form of this command.

user name password password

no user name password password

name

Unique alphanumeric string to identify a user for this authentication credential only. String can contain a maximum of 15 alphanumeric characters.

password

Password to be used with this user name for authentication purposes.

password

Alphanumeric string.

Pierre.

Hey phoogen

Yep, got that. This is what I have done. However, as you'll note it talks about user and password being alphanumeric. Customer just wants this to be numeric. So fine, you configure the user to be 3201 and pass to be 12345 however when the customer logs into the phones he still has to scroll through the alphanumeric options to get to the numbers as opposed to just pressing the '3' key on the phone and '3' coming up straight away.

This is what I'm trying to achieve. When the customer logs into the phone it is not alphanumeric - just numeric.

Does this make sense?

And is this possible with CUCME?

Nigel

Nigel,

You can do that with CUCM but not with CME.

Pierre.

Thanks Pierre. That's the conclusion I had come to but thought I'd ask the question just in case...

There is a small hack trick you can do.  It's still an alphanumeric password, but you can configure the password to be something like adgjm.  That gives you 23456 pressed in sequence one time each.

It's not exactly what you asked for, but it gives the user what they want.

Cliff

cmcglamry wrote:

There is a small hack trick you can do.  It's still an alphanumeric password, but you can configure the password to be something like adgjm.  That gives you 23456 pressed in sequence one time each.

It's not exactly what you asked for, but it gives the user what they want.

Cliff

Practical problem-solving, it's all what you need most of the time.

Rated !

Thanks Cliff. I'll run this by the customer and see what he thinks.

Cheers

Nigel