Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCS 6 Replication Question

fgasimzade
Level 4
Level 4

Hello everyone!

I've  been checking my cluster's replication status for last month, it has  always been 393 counts and never changed. Status of replication is 2  which means Good, but I cannot understand if replication counts does not  change does it mean that replication does not occur?

Thank you in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi there,

You are fine here

The "number of replicates" is set during the initial cluster (Pub/Sub)

replication build and would only possibly change if the replication had to be re-built.

As long as the count is 393 on both and the status is 2 on both you are good

to go! I just revisited our cluster set up via RTMT and noted the "number of replicates"

is @ 427 where it has been since the initial build.

Number of Replicates Created

This counter displays the number of replicates that were created by Informix for the DB tables. This counter displays information during Replication Setup.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/2x/serviceability/rtmt/guide/2xcucrtmtagpdf.pdf

Cheers!

Rob

"Always movin' ahead and never lookin' back" - Springsteen

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi there,

You are fine here

The "number of replicates" is set during the initial cluster (Pub/Sub)

replication build and would only possibly change if the replication had to be re-built.

As long as the count is 393 on both and the status is 2 on both you are good

to go! I just revisited our cluster set up via RTMT and noted the "number of replicates"

is @ 427 where it has been since the initial build.

Number of Replicates Created

This counter displays the number of replicates that were created by Informix for the DB tables. This counter displays information during Replication Setup.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/2x/serviceability/rtmt/guide/2xcucrtmtagpdf.pdf

Cheers!

Rob

Thank you, Rob!

My concern was because the last time we had to switch off our Publisher, the phones got registered to the one of Subscribers, but DB information was not up to date so some phones displayed incorrect extension numbers, names etc. The things is that I did not check the replication status before before we switched of the Publisher.

Anyways, replication status is good now, is there any chance I could check when the last replication took place?

Hi there,

First off, you are most welcome

Have a read through this excellent CSC doc, it has lots of great info

on replication report/cli commands/queries etc;

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-13672#Cisco_Unified_Reporting__Database_Status_Report

A really simple way to verify replication from time to time is to log onto the Sub gui and

make a simple change on a device. Then log into the Pub gui and check to see that the

change was replicated over. Then reverse the change via the Pub and check via the Sub

to ensure the reverse change is true there.

Cheers!

Rob

Thank you for the link you provided

I have just made changes on Sub and my ip phone received the changes as well as I can see the changes on Pub

One question left - in Database Status report there is

g_cucs01_ccm6_1_2_1000_13    2 Active   Local           0                
g_cucs02_ccm6_1_2_1000_13   11 Active   Connected       0 Jul 12 12:42:18
g_cucs03_ccm6_1_2_1000_13   19 Active   Connected       0 Jul 12 12:42:19
g_cucs08_ccm6_1_2_1000_13   18 Active   Connected       0 Jul 15 15:57:30

What does these July 12 and July 15 mean?
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: