cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCXN Backups Fail

D Mo
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco Unity Connection version: 10.5.2.18900-15.

When logging in, I receive this:

The last backup of Cisco Unity Connection failed.

When checking DRS history, I get this:

2019-10-18-03-00-46.tarNETWORKWed Oct 23 03:00:04 EDT 2019ERRORSCHEDULED - CiscoCUCS-SFTP-Sched10.5.2.18900-15PLM,CUC,CONNECTION_MESSAGES_UNITYMBXDB1,CONNECTION_DATABASE,CONNECTION_GREETINGS_VOICENAMES,CONNECTION_HTML_NOTIFICATION

---

If I am reading this correctly, the backups ran with an error but the backups of the modules ran. When I check the current status for the error message I see this:

ERROR: Backup Completed... Unable to start backup because there are no local agents connected. This may be due to Master or Local Agent being down.

When navigating to CUC Serviceability > Tools > Service Management, I do not see Master or Local Agent like in CUCM. 

How do I activate the Master and Local Agent for Unity Connection?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

HARIS_HUSSAIN
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
I would suggest restarting Master and Local Agent on Unity Publisher and restart Local Agent only on Subscriber. & try again.

utils service restart Cisco DRF Master
utisl service restart Cisco DRF Local

*** Please rate helpful post; Mark "Accept as a Solution" if applicable

Thanks,
Haris

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Yort Mantup
Level 4
Level 4

you will need to navigate to Cisco Unified Serviceability.  Tools --> Control Center - Network Services.  Choose your server and scroll down to the end.  You should then see the two services under Backup and Restore Services.   I recommend if you need to start the services to do it from the CLI.  

HARIS_HUSSAIN
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
I would suggest restarting Master and Local Agent on Unity Publisher and restart Local Agent only on Subscriber. & try again.

utils service restart Cisco DRF Master
utisl service restart Cisco DRF Local

*** Please rate helpful post; Mark "Accept as a Solution" if applicable

Thanks,
Haris

After restarting DRF Master and Local through CLI. I was able to run a manual backup successfully.