cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUE 2801. How/Can a VM box play greeting and hang up so caller does not leave a message?

cliveferguson
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

We have a CUE 2801 (revision 7.0).

The customer would like one of their phones to forward to Unity Voicemail and play a greeting but does not want the caller to be able to leave a message, they want it to hang up after the greeting.

Is this possible and how can it be done via command line?

Your help and advise is much appreciated,

Thanks,

Fergo

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

You can configure the 'extended absence' greeting - this plays the specified greeting and does not take a message. 

This doc is for 8.x but I think it's supported on 7 : http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity_exp/rel8_6/user/guide/voicemail/enu/86vu-enu.pdf

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

You can configure the 'extended absence' greeting - this plays the specified greeting and does not take a message. 

This doc is for 8.x but I think it's supported on 7 : http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity_exp/rel8_6/user/guide/voicemail/enu/86vu-enu.pdf

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Sounds like a great plan...and it will give the user full control of it themselves ;)

thanks a million!

In the end that did not work out for me. On this Cisco Unity Express 2801 version 7, it does not have an "extended absence" greeting, it only has Alternative Greetings which prompts and allows users to leave messages.

Anyone else have a better solution to this query please?

thanks!

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Fergo,

I just wanted to add this bit to the great tips from Aaron here (+5 "A")

Configuring an Announcement-Only Mailbox

Beginning in version 7.1, you can configure announcement-only mailboxes. These mailboxes can play the user greeting and disconnect the call only; they cannot take any messages from callers or send messages.

Announcement-only mailboxes enable you to:

Perform any operations that can be performed on a greeting in personal mailboxes, such as recording or deleting.

Use all the new greeting types introduced by the multiple greeting feature. For more information, see the Configuring Multiple Greetings.

Configure a General Delivery Mailbox as an announcement-only mailbox.

Also, announcement-only mailboxes:

Cannot be part of everyone's list (9999)

Are counted against the mailbox license

Have a default size of 5 minutes when they are created, but the default size can be modified later

Because announcement-only mailboxes cannot send or receive messages, you cannot:

Create distribution lists for them

Configure notification devices for them

Therefore announcement-only mailboxes cannot:

Have messages addressed to them

Have notifications cascaded to them

Receive broadcast messages

Subscribers can log in to announcement-only mailboxes using either the TUI, VVE, or IMAP. However, there is no reason to use IMAP to log into announcement-only mailboxes because they do not contain messages.

The following features are available only for personal mailboxes and cannot be used with announcement-only mailboxes:

Message expiration time

Message size

Fax configuration

The following operations are available only for personal mailboxes in the TUI and VVE and cannot be used with announcement-only mailboxes:

Playing new, saved, or deleted messages

Sending messages

Setting message parameters, such as configuration lists or notification devices

SUMMARY STEPS

1. configure terminal

2. voice mailbox owner name type announcement-only [size seconds]

3. end

4. show voicemail detail mailbox name

From;

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity_exp/administrator/AA_and_VM/guide/vmadmin_book/vmconfig.html#wp1042523

Cheers!

Rob

Will that work for Cisco Unity Express?

thanks

Hi Clive,

Yes, the excerpt is from the CUE (Cisco Unity Express) config guide :) If you paste the url I posted in a new browser window you can read the complete guide.

Cheers!

Rob

Thanks for your help and relies.

I have discovered my Unity Express Software Version is 3.2.2, so the above solutions do not work for me.

Sorry for misleading you, my version of Call Manager Express is 2801 V7.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: