cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUE - Backup compatibility between NME-CUE v8.0.2 and SM-SRE-710-K9 v8.6.7

oscar cordero
Level 1
Level 1

I have question about backup compatibility between NME-CUE v8.0.2 and SM-SRE-710-K9 v8.6.7.

1) Create "all" Backup NME-CUE version 8.0.2

2) turn off router 3945

3) Install phisic SM-SRE-710-K9 with version 8.6.7

5) Restore Backup?? is possible to restore backup NME-CUE version 8.0.2 to SM-SRE-710-K9 version 8.6.7? are compatible?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Oscar,

Its kind of implicit. The task list for upgrading CUE mentions taking backup and restoring on new one after installation. You would not be backing up and restoring the same backup on same version. Without this option moving from one cue platform to another would be a tedious process. Its unlike cucm which requires the backed up and the version to be restored to be exactly the same.

Manish

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Oscar,

Please check Step 1 to Step 4 of the following doc

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity_exp/compatibility/cuemigration.html

What you are doing would be supported.

Step 2 mentions : If the target release does not support your current hardware platform, then you are required to migrate to a new hardware platform. You will be required to back up your current configuration and restore it to the new hardware platform as part of the upgrade process. If migrating to a new hardware platform, then the target platform must have the same or greater capacity as the current platform.

Manish

- Do rate helpful posts -

can i do backup restore from 8.0.6 to 8.6.11? I didn't found any information about this. incredible!!!. I'm worry about because for example in CUCM I know it must match exactly the backup version for do the restore.

PD. all compatibility you wrote we accomplish.

PD2. I think for backup restore regarding platform compatibility is the capacity. and we accomplish this too.

Hi Oscar,

Yes, the backup of CUE 8.0.x can be restored on CUE 8.6.x. Table 2 Task List for Upgrading Cisco Unity Express Using Software Install Upgrade Method of the following link confirms the same

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity_exp/rel8_6/install/CUE_86_install/upgrade.html

Manish

I've read this documentation twice but not said nothing about backup compatibility between versions.

Hi Oscar,

Its kind of implicit. The task list for upgrading CUE mentions taking backup and restoring on new one after installation. You would not be backing up and restoring the same backup on same version. Without this option moving from one cue platform to another would be a tedious process. Its unlike cucm which requires the backed up and the version to be restored to be exactly the same.

Manish

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: