Views
Helpful
Replies

CUE not working with Call Manager 8.5

saljam100
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Experts

i configured my cisco unity express module (Version : 7.4 evaluation copy) with my call manager 8.5 but when i dial my auto attendant extension 8150 its take some time like few sec and then its give busy tone with busy msg on phone .................... i configured only one CTI port b/w CUE and call manager just for the sake of testing the scenario....

Please help me and do let me know the troubleshooting steps to be done to resolve this issue i will be thankfull to you guys.

Regards

Salman 

13 Replies 13

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Are the cti ports registered, did you activate the licenses on CUE:

license activate voicemail mailboxes 20

license activate ports 2

HTH,

Chris

Dear Chris

Thanks for your reply ........I checked the license its allow me 6 ports ............ what will be the checklist in order to properly configure the Cisco unity express with call manager 8.5...... and what does it means if the IP phone after some time when the operator extension is dialed give busy tone.

Regards

Salman

Dear Roger

Thanks and yes i have done and followed the same steps as mentioned in the document which you suggest, i need to know about the troubleshooting like before when i dial my AutoAttendant extension 8150 its give me fast busy tone then i made CTI port, CTI route point on same search space after doing this practice when i dial my 8150 its take some time (not giving immediate fast busy tone) after some time phone display busy message with busy tone .......... what will be the aspected problem for this ?????

Hope you guys will help me.

Regards

Salman

Have you done any search for cue call manager integration? This is the first hit I got with Google.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps5520/products_configuration_example09186a0080289ef0.shtml

Have a look at it to see that you covered all steps.

Please rate all useful posts.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Response Signature

Dear Roger

Thanks and yes i have done and followed the same steps as mentioned in the document which you suggest, i need to know about the troubleshooting like before when i dial my AutoAttendant extension 8150 its give me fast busy tone then i made CTI port, CTI route point on same search space after doing this practice when i dial my 8150 its take some time (not giving immediate fast busy tone) after some time phone display busy message with busy tone .......... what will be the aspected problem for this ?????

Hope you guys will help me.

Regards

Salman

Can you see that the CTI port for the integration is registered? Also check the cue command mentioned in the verify section of the before mentioned document. If both of these is okay you should be somewhat certain that your CTI part is okay.

A good start for your troubleshooting is to verify that the call hits the VGW with the CUE module. Do a debug voip dialpeer first to see that the call comes in from CUCM and goes out to CUE. If that looks okay do a debug voice ccapi inout to see the next step of the call.

If you post the output from these we might be able to help you find your problem a lot quicker.

Please rate all useful posts.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Response Signature

Thanks Roger

Welll my CTI ports are register with CUE, also when initialize the unity express module its bring all the CTI ports.....i have one question my call manager and gateway on which the module is plugged our on LAN they are connected directly like my call manager IP is 192.168.2.X and my CUE IP is 1.1.1.10 like

192.168.2.X--------------->Switch------------------>GW with Module (192.168.2.X GW IP and 1.1.1.10 is module)

Clear me onething when i put commands like " Debug voip dialpeer " will the gateway shows me output when i call the AA extension .

also i will try to get configuration if my boss allow me okey

Hoping to get yours reply soon.

Regards

Salman

First on CUCM ensure your CTI ports and CTI RP are in the proper partition accessible from phone's CSS. Also, ensure the CSS assigned to the CTI RP has access to the partition of CTI ports. Then on CUE with default logging turned on run the following:

show trace buffer tail

Review the log to see if you see the call hutting CUE and what error is getting generated.

HTH,

Chris

Dear Chris and roger and all other expert

I enabled the SIP trace on my unity express module its give me following output also do let me know if you need complete file i will send you complete file and also for your's reference "8150" is AA extension and 1106 is the extension which i used to dial my AA extension.

"

4079 10/08 14:32:09.850 ACCN CHMG 0 EXCEPTION:  at com.cisco.contact.impl.Contac
tStubImpl.addChannels(ContactStubImpl.java:1667)
4079 10/08 14:32:09.851 ACCN CHMG 0 EXCEPTION:  at com.cisco.channel.impl.Channe
lManagerImpl.getFromDifferentClassGroups(ChannelManagerImpl.java:950)
4079 10/08 14:32:09.851 ACCN CHMG 0 EXCEPTION:  at com.cisco.channel.impl.Channe
lManagerImpl.getIdleChannels(ChannelManagerImpl.java:686)
4079 10/08 14:32:09.851 ACCN CHMG 0 EXCEPTION:  at com.cisco.channel.Group.getId
leChannels(Group.java:305)
4079 10/08 14:32:09.852 ACCN CHMG 0 EXCEPTION:  at com.cisco.wf.subsystems.jtapi
.TAPIPortGroup$RouteCallObserver$1.run(TAPIPortGroup.java:17573)
4079 10/08 14:32:09.852 ACCN CHMG 0 EXCEPTION:  at com.cisco.executor.impl.Paral
lelExecutorImpl$WorkOrder.run(ParallelExecutorImpl.java:283)
4079 10/08 14:32:09.852 ACCN CHMG 0 EXCEPTION:  at com.cisco.executor.impl.Worke
rPool$Worker.run(WorkerPool.java:398)
4079 10/08 14:32:09.853 ACCN CHMG 0 EXCEPTION:  at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.j
ava:595)
4079 10/08 14:32:09.853 ACCN CHMG 0 ChStubImpl:releaseChannelLock() - channel lo
ck releasedChannelStub[channelClass=com.cisco.dialog.DialogChannel,type=Cisco Me
dia Channel,id=3,state=IDLE,pendingState=null,groupId=0,locked=false]
4079 10/08 14:32:09.853 ACCN CHMG 0 ChStubImpl:releaseChannelLock() - channel lo
ck releasedChannelStub[channelClass=com.cisco.call.CallControlChannel,type=Cisco
CTI Port,id=2,state=IDLE,pendingState=null,groupId=1,locked=false]
4079 10/08 14:32:09.854 ACCN TELS 0 CTIPG_ROUTE_EVENT:CTI Port Group route event
: Route Session=[8150:P_Local:1/(P1-jcue) GCID=(1,11766)->ACTIVE]->OFFERED,Route
Address=8150,Failure reason=Terminate Route Connection,Exception=com.cisco.chan
nel.ChannelLicenseViolationException: license limit exceeded for application typ
e: AAWorkflowPrivilege
4079 10/08 14:32:09.855 ACCN TELS 0 EXCEPTION:com.cisco.channel.ChannelLicenseVi
olationException: license limit exceeded for application type: AAWorkflowPrivile
ge"

i have two questions

1) in the above output does bold lines means is there something wrong with the license is that clear from output that call is hitting unity express (8150) from (1106)?

2) can i use AA feature in evaluation license what following show license output means ?

"

se-1-1-1-10# sh license
Index 0 Feature: VMIVR-VM-MBX
        Period left:  7 weeks  4 days
        License Type: Evaluation
        License State: Active, In Use
        License Count: 600 /65
        License Priority: Low
Index 1 Feature: VMIVR-PORT
        License Count: 60 /6
Index 2 Feature: VMIVR-IVR-SESS

se-1-1-1-10# sh license feature
Feature name        Enforcement   Evaluation  Clear Allowed  Enabled
VMIVR-VM-MBX        yes           yes         yes            yes
VMIVR-PORT          yes           yes         yes            yes
VMIVR-IVR-SESS      yes           yes         yes            yes

I hope you guys will help me and sooner to reply as its very urgent.

Regards

Salman

The error you are getting indicates you do not have proper licenses enabled as I sated in previous response. After enabling port licenses did you reload the CUE module?

Looks like the license priority is set to low, you can try changing it to medium as well.

HTH,

Chris

Thanks for reply Chris the part of show output

"

Index 1 Feature: VMIVR-PORT

Period left: 7 weeks 4 days

License Priority: Low Index 1 Feature: VMIVR-PORT
Period left: 7 weeks 4 days

"

says about port but nowhere its shows the number of allowed ports, also can you please tell me that can we use AA feature with evaluation license ?

The above debug error, is this error also appears when we already occupy all of the available ports?

Thanks for yours cooperation hope you guys will help me.

Regards

Salman

License Count: 60 /6 indicates you have 6 IVR ports set, did you reload the CUE module after setting ports!

Chris

Thannks alot for help but the problem is solved .....actual problem was that all of the ports were assigned to the IVR application i make it to zero and its worked..

Thanks again specially Mr. Chris

Regards

Salman

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: