Views
Helpful
Replies

CUE Port Licensing Question

NicP270591
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All, 

Soon to implement my first CUE system on ISR G2. In regards to port licenses, what constitutes a "simultaneous connection to the system" for licensing purposes?

For example, if the CME auto attendant (B-ACD) on my main business line is setup to redirect to the CUE module after hours, and I have 10 people calling that inbound number at once, and they all choose to leave a voicemail at the same time, does each one use up a port license at the same time? or are port licenses only for my people dialling into CUE system internally to check their voicemails? Anything else I may have missed?

My apologies for the "basic" question. Searched all through the forum and Cisco docs referenced on similar posts but couldn't find a definitive answer on this version of the question. Please clarify.

Thanks in advance!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes, separate port for each simultaneous call. If no ports are available, caller will hear fast busy signal.

You will need to look at call volume, number of VM messages on a normal basis, etc. If you regularly have more callers leaving simultaneous messages than can be handled by CUE, it may be time to move to Unity Connection with more ports, features, etc.

Brandon

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

A voice port is consumed by all calls into any pilot number on the system - voicemail, auto attendant, etc.

Brandon

Thanks Brandon, So I would need a seperate voice port for every seperate simultaneous call into the system and pre-guess the call volume levels? I'm assuming if all licensed ports are busy when someone calls they would just get the automated "sorry, voicemail is busy, try again later" message followed by an automatic disconnect?

Yes, separate port for each simultaneous call. If no ports are available, caller will hear fast busy signal.

You will need to look at call volume, number of VM messages on a normal basis, etc. If you regularly have more callers leaving simultaneous messages than can be handled by CUE, it may be time to move to Unity Connection with more ports, features, etc.

Brandon