Views
Helpful
Replies

CUE reload does not use really startup-config

afo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I try to restore a CUE configuration with only two usernames / voicemail.I copy this conf to the startup-config, no pb.

In my curent running-configuration, I have four usernames / voicemail created.

When I reload my CUE, I have always my four usernames / voicemail. Why the CUE do not use ONLY the startup-config when reloading ?

So, why the running-config is not removed during a reload ?

I think it's a merge between both configurations cause my CUE hostname is updated.

The only way I found is to restore CUE to factory default and re-push my config (not very useful)

For this current implementation, I don't want to use backup/restore service embedded to the CUE.

Thanks

4 Replies 4

ashok_boin
Level 5
Level 5

Have you deleted both usernames and mail boxes from CUE before saving to startup config and reload?

Can you pls share with us both "sh run" and "show startup-config" after copying and before reload?

regards...

-Ashok.

With best regards...
Ashok

Why i have to deleted usernames and mail boxes or why a part of running-config is kept ?

With this message, the startup and the running-config before the reload.

After the reload, the prompt has changed to INT66766-CUE-NEW, but I have always four usernames (merge)

This looks pretty weird behavior.

Can you please try to do the following steps?

1. Delete the entries in running config

2. copy run start

3. copy start run

It may throw some error at Step 3 if there is an merge issue between the 2 configs thought this step seems so not logical. Otherwise, I feel it's a bug.

Regards...

-Ashok.

With best regards...
Ashok

Thanks Ashok,

Sure it's works when you delete manually entries to running-conf.

copy running-config startup-config will override my startup-conf I want to restore

copy startup-config running-config is not existing command for unity express (Cisco Unity Express 8.0.5)

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: