cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUE Script Problem - Call redirect to number that does not exist

bacland
Level 1
Level 1

We have CUE 2.3.0 running with CCME 3.3 at a branch site.

I have a problem with a AA script I am developing for this site. It's a typical Dial-by-Extension script, where it prompts the caller to enter the extension they wish to speak to if they know it.

The problem is: if a user enters an extension that doesn't exist on the CCME system, the CCME gives them a fast busy, which gets caught by the "Busy" output branch of the Call Redirect. This means that code I have for the "Invalid" output branch never gets used.

Can anyone help me?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

The call redirect is a blind transfer, so what you do in the busy branch doesnt have any effect. I would suggest that you get the digits dialed by customer, and compare it against a local user's extension using "Extension to User" step. If the extension is not valid, you can play back a prompt saying the extension is invalid. Then you can reprompt the customer to enter the extension again. You can also script it in such a way that after 3 retries, the script exits, says a goodbye prompt and hangup.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps5520/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a008067a1f5.html

HTH

Sankar

PS: please remember to rate posts

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

The call redirect is a blind transfer, so what you do in the busy branch doesnt have any effect. I would suggest that you get the digits dialed by customer, and compare it against a local user's extension using "Extension to User" step. If the extension is not valid, you can play back a prompt saying the extension is invalid. Then you can reprompt the customer to enter the extension again. You can also script it in such a way that after 3 retries, the script exits, says a goodbye prompt and hangup.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps5520/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a008067a1f5.html

HTH

Sankar

PS: please remember to rate posts

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

Thanks. That seems like it should work just fine. I appreciate your assistance. I will put this in place right away.

ross.parker
Level 1
Level 1

I ran into this problem and resolved it by properly setting my SIP Call Transfer Mode in CUE. I set it semi-attended.

1. config t

2. ccn subsystem sip

3. transfer-mode {attended | semi-attended | blind refer | blind bye-also]}

4. end

5. end

6. show ccn subsystem sip

attended - Transfers calls in attended mode using the REFER method. The transfer is completed when the destination extension answers the call.

semi-attended - Transfers calls in semi-attended mode using the REFER method. The transfer is completed when the destination extension is ringing.

blind refer - Transfers calls without consulting using the REFER method.

blind bye-also - Transfers calls without consulting using the BYE/ALSO method.

CiscoUnity Express uses this method if the remote end does not support REFER. This is the default value.