cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUE scripting

thomasarun
Level 1
Level 1

I am facing some problems with CUE scripts.I have a numbering pattern starting with 2000.while using the default script 'press 1 for dialby name and press 2 for dialby extn'is the anouncement. since my DN's are starting with 2 i am not able to dial my extn numbers. For dialing the extn while i am pressing 2 the script will consider this as a menu number and keep asking for enter extn number.how can i avoid this without changing the menu numbers? anyone have any idea?

Thanks in advance

4 Replies 4

smahbub
Level 6
Level 6

the script simply would do this:

1) Accept

2) Play prompt (I'm not sure if you'd want the user to barge in/interrupt it at all)

3) Call Redirect

The transfer number, I guess would be based on the redirected number or the called number.

Thanks for the reply

i need to know how can i add a digit to string variable after the 'get digit string'and before the call redirect step.

the string variable is to store the dialed numbers for the dialbyextn step.

Are you using custom script or default script.

If custom script use DIAL BY MENU option and at the bottom you will have option of COLLECTED DIGITS over there you will have to check option of overlapping menu option and in that step you can use call redirect. If you want to see that the extension is a valid extension before transferring then you can add additional steps to verify.

Let me know if this helps.

First create a variable call vDialPlan set type as string, and value as "2". Then create another variable called vGetExtension set type as string.

Then do a get digit string. Set your Input Length to 3, terminating, and cancel digit to None.

Then in your redirect destination put vDialPlan.concat( vGetExtension )

This will add to the "2" to the front of the get digit number.