cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUE Won't Install and/or Boot

refram
Level 3
Level 3

I've looked and haven't seen an answer to this problem.  I have an ISR 2921 with an ISM-SRE-300-K9.

I have downloaded the CUE 8.6.6 software and have an FTP server working.  It seems as if the information is downloaded to the module, but the installation fails with the following informatoin.

Any ideas?

Detect and Initialze network device

Backup current platform configurations....

SRE step 1 - SM registration...

SRE step 2 - SM requests key file info...

!!! Opcode Error - Get a wrong RBIP frame !!!

SRE step 3 - SM stores registration info...

Updating flash with bootloader configuration.
Please wait .............. done.

SRE step 4 - SM downloads key-file...

SRE step 5 - SM requests installer info...

!!! Opcode Error - Get a wrong RBIP frame !!!

SRE step 6 - SM stores installer info...

SRE step 7 - SM now downloads installer

SRE step 8 - SM requests tcl header file info...

Time-out from RBIP response wait loop

SRE installation step 8 failed

SRE installation failed - Recovery now...

Installation failed, restore orignial configuration...

ServicesEngine Bootloader Version : 2.1.18

Should probably add that I put "no ip proxy-arp" on the ISM inteface as well as the looback interface to which it is bound.

I also tried pinging some folks.

A ping from the router to the FTP server works.

A ping from the router to the ISM module works

A ping from the ISM module to the FTP server does NOT work, but a ping from the ISM module to the loopback on the router also does not work, so I'm not sure that means anything.

1 Reply 1

refram
Level 3
Level 3

It seems that I spend hours beating my head on a problem and then within 30 minutes of writing to the Support Community I figure it out myself.  Maybe I should write a lot sooner.

The issue came down to the fact that I couldn't ping from the ISM module to anywhere.  It turned out to be a typo in the static route that I had created to the ISM.  I put in the wrong IP of the ISM.  Once I was able to ping from the ISM to the hosting router everything installed.  It's worth noting, though, that in spite of the installation I still got a lot of the RBIP errors.  I saw on another post that those aren't necessarily an indication of everything going wrong. 

I also noticed that once the installation completed successfully, the ISM reverted back to its default posture of trying to boot from files on a TFTP server rather than from the files on the disk that it just installed.  I knew it was doing so because while I was looking at the module it was in a continuous loop where it tried booting over and over.  To fix that, I had to type *** to break out of the loop, then at the prompt I had to type "config" and reset the source from which it booted.  It had to be changed from "helper" to "disk".

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: