Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUE wrong mailbox selected

Hello All,

Im having an issue with CME 4.0/CUE 2.3. The 2 numbers in question are 494-4431 and 494-4445.

When the user at 494-4445 is on the phone, and another call is transferred to him from the receptionist at 494-4431 and not answered, it goes to CUE, but CUE is playing a recording saying that there is no mailbox associated with the extension. However, if 494-4445 is on the phone, and someone calls 494-4445 directly and not answered, it goes to the correct mailbox.

Im thinking that CUE is looking for a mailbox associated with 494-4431 which has no mailbox, as opposed to looking for a mailbox associated with 494-4445.

As always, any advice offered is greatly appreciated.

4 Replies 4

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Kenneth,

You can check this config for your CUE setup. This is likely what is causing this issue;

**Mailbox selection (OCN or LRD)

This configurable option specifies the mailbox to be used in case of call forward.

Mailbox selection: Mailbox in which an incoming voice message is stored. The options are original called number (OCN) or the last redirected number (LRD). LRD is the default option:)

Check out Page 88 of this good doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity_exp/rel2_3/cliadmin/cuecli23.pdf

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hey Rob,

I was actually looking at that doc before posting, as I found you referenced it in another conversation. I figured last-redirect number is the default, however, the mailbox is still not found when calls are transferred from the receptionist, and the call recipient is on the phone.

Thanks anyway!!

Hey Kenneth,

Sorry man! Did you verifiy your setting (I'm sure you did :) I remember seeing somewhere that this default is set at OCN if the CUE was upgraded from an earlier version.

Worth a try!

Rob

I did verify the setting, and last redirect is the default, as it doesnt show in the running config. Im not sure if this was upgraded from an older version, but I doubt it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: