cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUEAC 8.5

satish rawat
Level 1
Level 1

I have few questions on cueac 8.5 , appreciate if anyone who has sound knowledge can throw some light on it.

1. while creating CT Gateway devices for call queuing, it says recommended is 1 per PSTN, if i am understanding it correctly this means  that 1 CTI device/DN per call coming from PSTN on main no/DID. If i have  one company main no that gets routed to attendant/attendants ( through single Queue) and expected calls at anytime attendants are handling is 5 to 6 does that means i should just create 6 CT devices and 6 for contingency..any suggestions ??

when does contigency devices ( CTI ports ) come in use? when all CT devices are full or fails ??

2. Similar question on service and park devices ? what is the best practice considering above scenario.

3. when installing cueac on win2008 r1( 32 bit) the installer prompts that its starting installation of ms sql express, what if i want to install std sql version, is this something that i have to do in advance ?

4. Any design issues if the CUEAC and CM resides in differnt subnet in a campus ( off course they can communicate ) ? how easy it is to change the ip address. i saw a document that describes changing registry keys.... is that true ?

Any inputs would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

1 Reply 1

jamgale
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

1. The CT Gateways are not related to the amount of operators, the recommendatin is saying of you have 30 lines coming into your business then you should create 30 CT Gateway devices in case all of those lines get used.

CT Gateway devices are used purely for holding calls, you should create CT Gateway devices based on what you think the maximum number of calls you will have waiting at any one time within the CUEAC system (not per queue). Adding contingency to this is fine, that would be at your descrision.

2. Same as above really, it is more of how many calls do you think will be parked at one time, transferred or held at one time.

3. You can install this before installing CUEAC and the software will know that SQL is already installed and ignore that part of the installation. If you have already installed CUEAC and therefore SQL Express and wish to upgrade, you should use Microsoft guidelines to do this - there is nothing specific needed to be done in CUEAC.

4. You just need to be aware that CUEAC supports a RTT of 150ms and you may need to open up firewall ports (these are listed in the CUxAC Design Guide). Changing the IP Address is simple and information on what needs to be done on CUxAC can be found in the troubleshooting guide, this can be found here

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps7282/prod_troubleshooting_guides_list.html

Hope this helps

Jamie