Views
Helpful
Replies

CUEAC SQL 2008 Express maximum number of operators

marcusdewaal
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I'm going to install 2 CUEAC 8.6.2.11 in a cluster which will need to support 34 operators. 17 operators on one server and 17 operators on another server. In the release notes it says that Microsoft SQL Server Standard or Enterprise should be strongly considered in a Cisco Unified Enterprise Attendant Console deployment where one or more of the following are expected:

• A large number of operators – more than 10

• A high call volume – more than 500 calls per operator per day

• A large directory – greater than 10,000 contacts

There will be more than 30 operators and I do not have a SQL standard or enterprise license yet. I need to go live asap. May I still use SQL Express in the mean time? Will there be an issue if I exceed the recommended maximum of 10 operators for SQL Express? I will upgrade to a Standard SQL at a later time but for now I need to go live.

Marc

5 Replies 5

dojoy
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Marc,

Would you mind sharing the link for the read me file you used?

And are you planning to integrate with CUCM via LDAP?

Hi dojoy

I will use UCS servers with vmware running CUCM 8.6. The CUEAC uses a TAPI client for call control and LDAP to synchronize the End user directory in CCM. On page 9 is the SQL considerations.

Thanks,

Marc

It is mentioned under additional server consideration.

The document does not say that CUEAC will stop working. But since you are planning to deploy more then 30+ operators it does look like a large operation.

According to documentation there should not be a problem. But please be aware that if the DB grows more than 4GB SQL can throw errors.

Worst case scenario: you would have to reinstall CUEAC again or migrate to Recommanded version. And since they are out of CUEAC original installation, for any issues there are chances that TAC can deny support too.

Also note for future versions of Cisco Unified Enterprise Attendant Console to benefit from some features, SQL 2008 express will not be an option and SQL 2008 Standard or Enterprise will be required

So the main issue is the size of the DB! It should not actually interfere with the operation of the CUEAC if I exceed the operator limit? So I should just keep an eye on the size of the database and make sure it does not exceed 4GB. Do you think I could maybe purge the DB every so often to keep enough free space? I hope it will give me enough time to upgrade to recommended version.

Thanks again dojoy

Marc

As far as i can see the operation should not effected. Conditions apply the traffic should remain minimal, in such a way that DB can handle

It's advised you try to push and get the licenses for the recommended version before deploying the network, reason being network size you are deploying is not a walk in the park.

As per you conern on data purging, i cannot take a call on that.

All the best Marc have a great weekend.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: