Views
Helpful
Replies

CUIC premium license

rmagchoose
Level 1
Level 1

Hi CiscoExperts,

We have CUIC v8.5 on VM with premium license and planning on upgrading to v10. I came around something before saying that licenses have no expiry. Do we still need a new premium license for our upgrade or will our current license be retained when we do our upgrade?

Also, what we have is an installation CD, can we use this for upgrade? Asking this as we can't find the upgrade.iso on the CD and can't find the PAK that we can use for license activation. 

Thanks in advance!

1 Reply 1

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

You cannot use the installation media, you will need to download the upgrade iso from cisco.com

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/intelligence_suite/intelligence_suite_1051/install/guide/CUIC_BK_I78DAEF8_00_installation-and-upgrade-guide-for/CUIC_BK_I78DAEF8_00_installation-and-upgrade-guide-for_chapter_01000.html#CUIC_TK_B02C990C_00

New licenses are required from MCS to UCS migrations or when license mac changes, however you can check it with licensing@cisco.com as well.

Manish

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: