Views
Helpful
Replies

CUP 9.1 Bootable Installation

clark white
Level 2
Level 2

Dears,

I installed a CUP publsher version 9.1.1.100008  after  that i upgraded to 9.1.1.20000-5., Now i purchased a redundant hardware  server and i am trying to install CUP  9.1.1.100008 but it fails saying  the publisher version is different than the subscriber version. I have  downloaded the update file from the cisco website  as per the attached  but it is not booting by the file shown in the attached,

Any hints from where i will get the bootable file.

21 Replies 21

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

During the installation when prompted if you want to perform an upgrade select Yes, and then you will be prompted to reference the upgrade media.

HTH,

Chris

Bootable media is not available on CCO.
Do as Chris says, or order the bootable media via PUT

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Alternatively you can make bootable the non bootable iso downloaded from cco following this istructions.

http://htluo.blogspot.it/2010/04/how-to-make-non-bootable-iso-image.html

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts

"The more you help the more you learn"

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Sure you can do that though it is not supported.

Chris

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Hello

Please find the attached error for ftp i dont know why it is prompting me with this error though the file is correct.

i hope i am not doing wrong in specifying the path for ftp i just specified . (dot) which will hit to ftp user root directory attached are screenshot.

Hello

anybody canhelp me to verify the upgrade file is the valid file, i have done the upgrade on publisher by this file but now when i applying on subsciber it is showing me the no valid patch as per the above reply attachment

The iso file that you have with the upgrade file on it, why don't you stick it in the data store on your UCS and mount it to the DVDrom of your virtual machine, must easier and more reliable than screwing  around with upgrade from  sFTP.

=============================
Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

=============================

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Dear Dennis,

It is not a bootable file to boot from datastore, i have to show upgrade path and there are 3 option for upgrade file ftp,sftp or local DVD on UCS machine, I dont have a DVD on server thats the reason i am choosing ftp or sftp.

Thanks

Hi

You do not need sftp/ftp When you select the local DVD, and select datastore ISO file under the cd/dvd drive 1 under the CUCM virtual machine.

Regards
Ronak Patel

Rate all helpful post by clicking stars below the answer.

Regards Ronak Patel Rate all helpful post by clicking stars below the answer.

The file that you have in the FTP folder is a .iso file. You should use winzip/winrar or any other software which can extract the .sgn file from this ISO file and then try using the FTP path.

Ideally, you could point your VMWare to use the ISO image as the CD/DVD, but considering you would be doing it to point the server to the bootable install file for the 9.1.1 that you have, I dont think you can do the same.

You need to check which folder your user is using on the FTP server. The file the install is trying to download needs to be on that folder. You can't just put the file anywhere. This is why you are getting the error

Please rate all useful posts

Dear

Aokan,

I have attached all the screenshot in previous mail can u confirm whther these are correct path ??

You need to do e ff.

1. Under the c/prog files/freetftpd

2 create a step folder

3. Create a folder for user abc

4. In abc folder put the installation iso

In your directory path on cups server use . (Dot) this will take cups server to the home directory for the user...ensure the home directory on freeftpd is set to the default

If you define. Custom directory on ftpd server...as you have in your diagram at sould work too. Ensure the directory path on cups server is pointing to the user abac home directory

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: