Views
Helpful
Replies

CUP 9.1 Bootable Installation

clark white
Level 2
Level 2

Dears,

I installed a CUP publsher version 9.1.1.100008  after  that i upgraded to 9.1.1.20000-5., Now i purchased a redundant hardware  server and i am trying to install CUP  9.1.1.100008 but it fails saying  the publisher version is different than the subscriber version. I have  downloaded the update file from the cisco website  as per the attached  but it is not booting by the file shown in the attached,

Any hints from where i will get the bootable file.

21 Replies 21

Dear Aokan,

You need to do e ff.

1. Under the c/prog files/freetftpd

2 create a step folder

3. Create a folder for user abc

4. In abc folder put the installation iso

In  your directory path on cups server use . (Dot) this will take cups  server to the home directory for the user...ensure the home directory on  freeftpd is set to the default

Above steps i did before posting but no success,

Ensure the directory path on cups server is pointing to the user abac home directory

If the user abc home dir is program files\freeftpd\abc then what path i shld specify on CUPS server. ??

Thanks

Just use (.)  that is dot without the bracket..cups will then look for the file in the home directory specified on the freeftpd server.

Please rate all useful posts

hey clark,

I see you have the option to select local machine on ucs, even if the server does not have a dvd drive you can mount the image from in your vsphere client. To mount the the image:

hope this helps.

Dwayne

Hello Everybody ,

I tried all the possibilities but no luck, I am in doubt the whether the below patch what i chosen is the correct ???

UCSInstall_CUP_UNRST_9.1.1.20000-5.sgn.iso

also tried

UCSInstall_CUP_9.1.1.20000-5.sgn.iso

can anybody confirm to me.

Hello

Please find the attached error for ftp i dont know why it is prompting me with this error though the file is correct.

i hope i am not doing wrong in specifying the path for ftp i just specified . (dot) which will hit to ftp user root directory attached are screenshot.

Attachments:

I think I see what is causing the problem, in cup ftp error2 you have the director patch as a period (.) you should replace that with /

Also use the sftp instead of ftp. MAKE sure not more than one instance of freeftp is running by checking your task manager. Be sure to configure user and virtual director and put in the / in the second text box. Hope this helps it is always the simplest stuff thatgive the most problems.

Hello

I tried a lot by ftp nd sftp nd also by vmware local path but same error not a valid patch.Can anybody confirm to me the patch what I upgrading is absolutely corrext

Hello Dears,

i am writing this for all who in future may face the same issue.

After doing every option i opened a TAC case and they told me that upgrade during installation is not supported on CUP and it is mentioned in Installation guide,

They have provided me the bootable installation iso image for the complete the installation.

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: