cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUPC Login Failed

amydongqin
Level 1
Level 1

I have just installed Cisco Presence server 8.5.1, CUCM 8.5.1 integrated with LDAP.

I also have Cisco Unified Personal Communicator 8.5.3 installed on my laptop for testing. CUPC is also integrated with LDAP.

I have followed the documents and finished the configuration. But not sure why I can't login CUPC as a user. Constantly getting "Login failed" error.

I have tried using the same username/password to login to CUPC user page, it worked.

Any thoughts?

15 Replies 15

Marwan ALshawi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

CUCM is integrated with ldap

Have you integrated cup with ldap too ?

Is the cupc using shared line with the phone controlled by you user ? Is your user controlling the cupc as well ?

Hi marwanshawi

Yes, CUCM is intergrated with LDAP, and CUPC is integrated with LDAP too.

CUPC is using the shared line with the desk phone. And the User controls both the desk phone and CUPC.

How to get the CUPS authentication logs?

Hello, I have an issue with CUPC 7, "login failed. Make sure your username and password are correct". I already run the troubleshooter diagnostic on CUPS and everything is green checked, also the CUCM Publisher Configuration and everything is successful and connected, green check too.

I have already reset the Tomcat service, actually the whole server but still got the same error.

I downloaed the logs from CUPC and found this:

2012-02-13 16:55:52,492 [0x000021e8] ERROR LCMiddleware - (MWMSG_EIM_SOAPLOGINFAILED) Failed to log in to SOAP server https://10.32.13.3/EPASSoap/service, The username/password entered is invalid.

2012-02-13 16:55:52,493 [0x000021e8] DEBUG LCConnection - CUPS_CONFIG setReason(): [REFUSED] --> [INVALID_CREDENTIALS]

My credetentials are fine, I already got login in CUPS user web page and CUCM user webpage.

I have downloaded the

Cisco UP Client Profile Agent" logs and "Cisco Tomcat Security" logs 

but I can't find anything.

Presence  7.0.5.10000-18

CUCM  7.1.3.10000-11

michael-luo
Level 1
Level 1

On CUPC 8.x and above, there are two logon processes in the background - SIP and XMPP.

If you could log onto CUPC user page with the same credential, most likely it's XMPP authenication failed.  Try to get the XCP Connection Manager and Authentication logs from CUPS server.

Michael

Hi Shalu,

I saw this document, and had tried all these, still can't login.

But thanks.

Hi Micheal

could you help me with this one ,I've 8.5.2 CUPS with two HA server users assigned to Publisher can't login on CUPC where the other on the Sub. login fine but can't add users assigned to publisher (they disapper once they added).

tried to:-

Ping from pub to LDAP where users authenticate, Done sucsessfuly

Restart XCP Router service , Nothig changed.

Unassigne users and reassigne them, Nothing changed .

Assingne some users to the Sub. and try to login  Working fine.

Resart the Pub. server , also nothing changed .

Please tell me if you could help me with some thing to do.

Thanks

shalushar
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

Make sure that the XCP services is running. If not, restart the XCP Router service by performing the steps mentioned in the

Restarting the Cisco UP XCP Router Service

Step 1 Select Cisco Unified Serviceability > Tools > Control Center - Network Services.

Step 2 Select the server from the Server list box and select Go.

Step 3 Select the radio button next to the Cisco UP XCP Router service in the CUP Services section.

Step 4 Select Restart.

Step 5 Select OK. when a message indicates that restarting may take a while.

Also refer http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6837/products_tech_note09186a00808a2b0d.shtml

Hope this helps.

Tx,

Shalu

Mustapha Arakji
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

I"m facing exactly the same issue. I also tried everything in this thread, and still no luck. The only difference is that i'm running CUPS version 8.0(4).

Any ideas!

bking1982
Level 1
Level 1

Has there been any update to this problem? I am facing the same issues, except I cannot get XCP Directory Service to start. Both CUPC and CM are integrated with LDAP. I can loginto CUPCADMIN with my AD account, but keep getting "Login Failed". Thanks

Download CUPC 8.0 and try logging with that if its working then make sure your system and presence in the same domain.

If your system in different  domain CUPC 8.5 won’t work.

robray_sc
Level 4
Level 4

I recently had this same problem after I added 4 new users into CUPS.  The accounts looked fine under "diagnostics --> Presence viewer".  For some reason just these new accounts would not work....after a reboot of the CUPS server they were able to login.  I tried restarting services before the reboot but that did not work.

Also, I think I remember reading that with version 8.x on the CUPC client you need to use host name instead of IP address.

amydongqin
Level 1
Level 1

Seems like there is no fix yet.

The strange thing is my colleagues have tried to login on their PC, it worked perfectly.

I just can't get it work on my laptop and we are using the same OS. I have tried reinstalling the client on my laptop, still not working.

Which OS? XP or Win7?  If XP there are some settings you have to change in Control Panel to get this to work.

Can you login on any CUPC client\PC?  This is what I happen to my users.  The new users could not login on *any* CUPC client. We went to known working PCs with CUPC loaded...and they could not login. We kept getting login failed error. They could login to the CUPS user page and they were validated with the Presence Viewer on CUPS.

after a reboot of the server they were able to login...your reboot did not work?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: