cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUPS, CUE, Unity Connection

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

I have a CUPS 6.02 setup with CM 6 and CUE for voicemail. CUPC shows successful connection via IMAP to the CUE server but does not download voicemail msgs although i am able to do the same via an email client.

TAC says that only supported server model for IMAP is exchange which means i have to go to Unity in UM or VM configuration. Customer may be migrating to UnConnection7.0 soon...

My question is have any one successfully tested integrating CUPS 6.0 with Unity Conn 7 via IMAP ? I do see some posts here already that talks about CUPS 7 and UNIty connection 7.0...i wanted to see if CUPS 6.0 and Unity Conn 7 have any issues or not...

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Being an ex-TAC SE myself I can tell you that if it hasn't been properly tested by the Business Unit and documented is like it does not work for us or that it is not supported, but that does not actually mean that "it will not work at all".

As I told you I have tested it but not with CUC 7.0 but I guess that it should work too.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

jbarcena
Level 9
Level 9

I have tested it in the bundle of CCM 6.1 with CUC on the same box, but is not 7.0 and it works perfectly with IMAP.

I have Presence, CCM 6, CUC, CUPC and MP Express on a site.

I can reproduce my voicemails from the Personal Communicator (CUPC) or from Outlook, so the integration with both works fine with IMAP, not sure if that is what you are asking.

HTH

//Jorge

TAC engineer i am working with seem to claim that CUP 6 will not work imap with any thing other than Exchange. Customer will migrate to CUC 7, with CM and CUPS remaining at version 6. I just wanted to make sure custommer doesnt have to now migrate to CUPS 7.0 to make IMAP work.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

Being an ex-TAC SE myself I can tell you that if it hasn't been properly tested by the Business Unit and documented is like it does not work for us or that it is not supported, but that does not actually mean that "it will not work at all".

As I told you I have tested it but not with CUC 7.0 but I guess that it should work too.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: