cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Custom Greeting Using Phone for Recording (CUCX 9.1.1)

Matt Crosby
Level 1
Level 1

I'm running Unity Connection 9.1.1 and I am attempting to record a custom greeting for one of my users. I accidently punched in the wrong number in the Media Master Control Panel when it prompted me for a number.

I now cannot remove the stupid number to put a new one in.

I have tried removing the user and then importing the user back into the system. The Media Master Control Panel still has the wrong number stored.

How do I change the number so that I can use one of my IP phones to record the greeting?

-Matt

5 Replies 5

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

On the media master click Options --> Playback & recording settings.

Chris

Doesn't do anything. I tried that.

I am running Windows 8 with firefox. I thought this to be an issue with firefox, so I tried IE and Chrome. Both of those also did nothing once I selected (Options>Playback and Recording... ).

I also tried clearing my cache in my java console as well as my browser. Didn't help.

I tried changing my options, saving, and then going back in and selecting the phone as the recording device/playback device. It never prompts me for a number. It keeps attempting to contact the incorrect number.

-Matt

Matt Crosby
Level 1
Level 1

To correct this problem, I had to uninstall Java completely from my device.

Once reloaded, I could point to a new phone number.

-Matt

Matt Crosby
Level 1
Level 1

Java applet in Mozilla was keeping me from being able to change the extension of the phone I wish to record from.

I opened it up in Google Chrome and Internet Explorer, worked just fine.

-Matt

slashdots
Level 1
Level 1

Nice to hear you found a solution by yourself.

However I'd like to mention, that your running into a Bug:

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCue74920

If you experience this bug and are running Java Runtime Environment 7 on your computer, just install JRE 6 and the Pop-up will show as expected.

As a permanent solution you can upgrade your Unity Connection according to the details in the bugs description

cheers

slashdots