cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Custom Greeting Using Phone for Recording (CUCX 9.1.1)

Matt Crosby
Level 1
Level 1

I'm running Unity Connection 9.1.1 and I am attempting to record a custom greeting for one of my users. I accidently punched in the wrong number in the Media Master Control Panel when it prompted me for a number.

I now cannot remove the stupid number to put a new one in.

I have tried removing the user and then importing the user back into the system. The Media Master Control Panel still has the wrong number stored.

How do I change the number so that I can use one of my IP phones to record the greeting?

-Matt

5 Replies 5

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

On the media master click Options --> Playback & recording settings.

Chris

Doesn't do anything. I tried that.

I am running Windows 8 with firefox. I thought this to be an issue with firefox, so I tried IE and Chrome. Both of those also did nothing once I selected (Options>Playback and Recording... ).

I also tried clearing my cache in my java console as well as my browser. Didn't help.

I tried changing my options, saving, and then going back in and selecting the phone as the recording device/playback device. It never prompts me for a number. It keeps attempting to contact the incorrect number.

-Matt

Matt Crosby
Level 1
Level 1

To correct this problem, I had to uninstall Java completely from my device.

Once reloaded, I could point to a new phone number.

-Matt

Matt Crosby
Level 1
Level 1

Java applet in Mozilla was keeping me from being able to change the extension of the phone I wish to record from.

I opened it up in Google Chrome and Internet Explorer, worked just fine.

-Matt

slashdots
Level 1
Level 1

Nice to hear you found a solution by yourself.

However I'd like to mention, that your running into a Bug:

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCue74920

If you experience this bug and are running Java Runtime Environment 7 on your computer, just install JRE 6 and the Pop-up will show as expected.

As a permanent solution you can upgrade your Unity Connection according to the details in the bugs description

cheers

slashdots

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: