Views
Helpful
Replies

custom phone background image is not showing up

Sh6988
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

I have been looking for a resolution to this issue on this forum for the last couple of days to no avail...

I uploaded a custom background image to the tftp server for a CIPC and 7945 phones

I get the image on the CIPC phone but no such luck for the 7945

The List.xml file has

For 7945

<ImageItem Image="TFTP:Desktops/320x212x16/Image_7945_thumb.png" URL="TFTP:Desktops/320x212x16/Image_7945.png"/>

Directory is :Desktops/320x212x16

Firmware vs is 9.4.2 (SIP)

Running cucm 12.0

For CIPC

<ImageItem Image="TFTP:Desktops/320x212x12/Image_CIPC_thumb.png" URL="TFTP:Desktops/320x212x12/Image_CIPC.png"/>

The tftp server has been restarted several times and each time i access the background images on the phone, i get "requesting Selections" and when it finally loads the images, i have 3 new image files (there use to be 15 images, now i have 18 after uploading the custom images) and the new images are all blank....no pictures, just white rectangular boxes. When i select it anyways, my phone gets hung up and reboots.

Someone please help...i have checked and rechecked the List file, directory, firmware, factory reset the phone and nothing has changed the selection. What am I missing?

Thanks in advance,

STM

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I have done all of that with no resolve.

I was looking at the phone's console log and it seems to be requesting a signed version of the List file which the CUCM is not providing...

7179: NOT 14:12:52.381538 TFTP: [23]:Requesting Desktops/320x212x16/7945-Full.png.sgn from xx.xx.xx.xx with size limit of 550001

How can i fix this?

I deleted the ITL files and factory reset the phones, 2 of them, and nothing seems to be working.

Thanks,

Stella

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

k6lw
Level 4
Level 4

IPC has different settings than the 7945/65. The 7945 is 320X212X16 and the IPC is 320X212X12 Thumbnails are identical for both, 80X53 So you have that correct. Looking at my working List.xml file I have a space between the last " and / for the image file so it looks like:

<ImageItem Image="TFTP:Desktops/320x212x16/01-TN.png"
URL="TFTP:Desktops/320x212x16/01.png" />

Thanks for responding...

That doesn't seem to have resolved the issue. Also, i have the same image with different specs obviously, working on my CIPC and 7941 phones as mentioned and the list image file does not have the space. I did modify the list image as suggested since nothing else has worked but didn't resolve the issue :(

Anymore suggestions?

Thanks,

Stella

When I upgraded to CUCM 12.5 all of my list.xml files got corrupted with duplicate entries. Just a quick look at the file appeared that everything was correct. When I counted the line entries is when I discovered all the duplicates. Removed them and the backgrounds worked again. Another thing to verify is capitalization of file names both in the xml file and on the server. Also check that the file is located in the correct subdirectory folder.

I have done all of that with no resolve.

I was looking at the phone's console log and it seems to be requesting a signed version of the List file which the CUCM is not providing...

7179: NOT 14:12:52.381538 TFTP: [23]:Requesting Desktops/320x212x16/7945-Full.png.sgn from xx.xx.xx.xx with size limit of 550001

How can i fix this?

I deleted the ITL files and factory reset the phones, 2 of them, and nothing seems to be working.

Thanks,

Stella

Had same issue with the sgn files. I deleted all of them and then the wallpapers showed up. I just looked at my TFTP server and files and it appears that a lot of them are back. All the wallpapers still work however.

Thanks for the response. It turns out that wasn't the issue.

I opened a TAC case and after a few days of troubleshooting, it was discovered that the 7945 phones have very limited memory so the file size, not just the pixilation was shrunk down tremendously. The thumbnail went from 385kb to 3kb and the issue is resolved!!

Thanks again to all who responded

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: