Views
Helpful
Replies

Custom ringtone on single phone CUCM 11.5

firestormnet
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.

Would somebody can recommend how to use a Custom ringtone on a single phone in CUCM 11.5. I know that Cisco IP phone designer doesn't exist anymore so what alternatives do I have?

Any suggestions?

thanks

7 Replies 7

George Sotiropoulos
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

If you trying to upload a custom ringtone to CUCM, you may follow the guidelines described on this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPIHKUaPKkQ

Always you can consult the following guidelines:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/8_6_1/ccmfeat/fsgd-861-cm/fsrings.html

Hope this works for you,

G

Please Rate Posts (by clicking on Star) and/or Mark Solutions as Accepted, when applies

Thanks.
I watched that before.
The problem is I want to apply that custom ringtone to a single phone only. I don't want all other thousands phones to see that ringtone.
Also, we're using 8841 phones and ringtone file extension is RWB, weird. Why couldn't stick to RAW type.

The only way I can think of is to have this certain phone use an individual xml file from a dedicated TFTP server (different from the rest of the other phones), since all the phones that use the same TFTP look on the same ringlist.xml 

However, I am not sure if the above is worth of it for just one phone.

Please Rate Posts (by clicking on Star) and/or Mark Solutions as Accepted, when applies

Yeap, had the same thoughts but don't know how complicated that step would be.
Maybe there are some 3rd party apps which can do that. Cisco is always not straight forward for basic features.

For whom it may concern, to create an .rwb file use Audacity as well, but:

1. Split stereo track into two mono tracks using "Split stereo to mono" function as shown belown

Screenshot_2.png

2. Delete one of the mono tracks using "Close" button

Screenshot_1.png

3. Choose Project Rate with 16 000 Hz at the bottom of project window.

4. Export file using File-> Export audio. Choose "other uncommpressed file" type, Header - Raw (header-less), Encoding "Signed 16-bit PCM" and Save it to you drive.

5. After that, all you need is to rename file extension from .raw to .rwb (works fine on Windows 10)

6. Edit "Ringlist-wb.xml" file as you did with "Ringlist.xml"

7. Upload to TFTP your .rwb and .xml files.

8. Restart Cisco TFTP service.

9 Profit...

I did every step you mentioned and I'm still not seeing those additional ringtones on my 8851.  I assume it's working for you?

I figured out why it wasn't working. I had to delete the Ringlist.xml, Ringlist-wb.xml, RingList.DAT, Ringlist-wb.xml.sgn, and Ringlist.xml.sgn. I then uploaded the updated Ringlist.xml, Ringlist-wb.xml, RingList.DAT. The .sgn files generate automatically when a phone reaches out for the TFTP files.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: