cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

customer controlled line divert *21* on a pstn line for uc-540 not working?

dukesy123
Level 1
Level 1

hi all, i installed a uc-540 analogue system yesterday and the customer has 4 lines 3 on one number as a multi line and 1 as a single line, on both of these numbers the have a customer controlled divert in place from bt, which they need to dial *22* to divert to the number of their choice, previuos to this cisco system being installed they had a samsung system which allowed this feature to work but this doesnt work on the cisco? has anyone come accross this before and know what the fix is or is this feature not available on the uc-500 series? if not i am going to have to put a simple analogue phone in place before the cisco just to divert the number?

thanks.

Ben Dukes Telecomms Engineer Citytalk Communications Aylesbury, Bucks UK
4 Replies 4

dukesy123
Level 1
Level 1

Please help

Ben Dukes
Telecomms Engineer
Citytalk Communications
Aylesbury, Bucks
UK

You probably need to add another dial-peer for destination-pattern *22*.  I can help  you with the configuration if you attach your current sanitized configuration.

i dont know how to do sanatized configuration,

i have just checked with bt for this divert its #21 instead of *21

so if they wish to divert their lines to a different number they need to dial #21*(the number)#

so could i put this into the outgoing dial plan table so if the pres line key then enter #21*(the number)# it will work surely?

Ben Dukes
Telecomms Engineer
Citytalk Communications
Aylesbury, Bucks
UK

A sanitized config is just the output from "show run" with public IP addresses/passwords removed.

I only work via command-line so I'm not exactly sure what the Outgoing Dial Plan Table is.  You may want to repost this question on the Small Business section if you are using some other tool to configure the UC540.

Brian

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: