cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUWL 9.0 for analog end points

yiqinc2004
Level 1
Level 1

How do I configure CUWL licenses for analog endpoints required for my fax machines?

I read some where (forgot where!) that for analog endpoint I need to order a UCL enhanced license even though rest of the order is CUWL - is that correct?

3 Replies 3

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The analog ports would only need a UCL Essential license. Whether CUCM will actually track consumption of the license or not is a debatable point though. For example, CUCM has no knowledge of what ports exist on a SIP/H.323 configured gateway/trunk; only MGCP/SCCP gateways have the individual ports configured within CUCM. The general guidence, although somewhat shaky, has been to purchase licenses for analog ports even if CUCM doesn't know about them.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Thanks! Basically just need UCL essential and there is absolutely no way to configure within CUWL?

You need a UCL Essential license per-port. If the port is registered with SCCP/MGCP it will checkout the license from ELM. If it's SIP/H323 it will not and you'll have to track consumption manually.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: