Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUWL PRO - UCCX IVR Port License

Hi,

I need how many CUWL PRO are needed to have a valid UCCX IVR Port License: I am not able to find documents on how to calculate how many licenses I should buy to cover 25 IVR ports.

Any help will be appreciated

Thanks in advance

Gianstefano Monni

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi

See this recent discussion where I quote from the SRND : https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2150882

It doesn't seem to get a mention in the ordering guide...

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

16 Replies 16

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Take a look at the ordering guide : http://www.cisco.com/web/partners/downloads/partner/WWChannels/technology/ipc/downloads/cuwl_ordering_guide.pdf

On page 3 it lists the number of Pro Users you need per agent (UCCX being ordered per agent, not per port).

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

OK, now i've found that according to this thread, the number of IVR port is = 2*Agent

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2150882

So here we are

25 CUWL PRO = 1 Agent = 2 IVR Port

so 25 IVR Port =  313 CUWL PRO.

Gianstefano MonniThat is for Contact Center Express Premium edition. For Standard Edition which is what you get with CUWL you get 1 agent per 25 UWL licenses. With Standard you get full 300 IVR ports entitlement.

Keep in mind that if you require either Enhanced or Premium licenses you need to order them separately.

HTH,

Chris

Chris,

in my scenario our customer:

- has 300 CUWL standard

- wants the uccx (to use it as auto-attendant for 20 IVR ports)

so, AFAIK, we have two choices:

1. upgrade 300 CUWL Std to CUWL PRO, so we have about 12 Agent, 24 IVR ports

2. buy the  UCCX Standard edition with full 300 IVR Ports?

does it sound correct??

Thanks in advance

Gianstefano

Correct, however since you do not need any agents you can upgrade only let's say 25 CUWL and get 1 agent seat with 300 IVR ports as you can mix and match CUWL licneses.

HTH,

Chris

It's very difficult to me to understand the licensing model.. taking into account documentation and costs, the best choice seems to buy 10 seat + UCCX standard, for a total of 20 ivr ports.

Chris, could you detail your solution: if I buy 25 CUWL PRO I'll get 300 IVR ports???? That sounds good, but I do not find any documentation about it.

Thanks

G

Gianstefano

The ordering guide posted by Aaron explains that. When you order 25 CUWL pro licenses you get 1 UCCX Standard license. UCCX Standard license entities you to full 300 IVR standard ports.

Both Standard and Enhanced UCCX give you unlimited IVR licenses and only UCCX Premium is 2 IVR licenses for each agent seat. This is because Premium licenses provide a lot more functionality.

HTH,

Chris

Chris,

many thanks for your support. I am not able to find any documentation stating that with 25 CUWL PRO I'll get 300 IVR Ports... I mean, AFAIK, 25 CUWL Pro = 1 seat = 2 IVR ports. If possible, could you please provide a link to a official document ?

Thanks a lot for your help

Gianstefano

Hi

See this recent discussion where I quote from the SRND : https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2150882

It doesn't seem to get a mention in the ordering guide...

Aaron

Hi Aaron

many thanks for the update: finally I got it :-)

- 25 CUWL Pro -> 1 UCCX seat  ->  2 Advanced IVR ports

- 1 UCCX Standard -> as much "basic" IVR ports as the underlying system supports (max 300)

So in my situation, the least cost solution is to buy "a la carte" UCCX Standard with the minimum number of seats (10 seats).

Many thanks for your help

Gianstefano

This is not correct, as this statement is invalid:

- 25 CUWL Pro -> 1 UCCX seat  ->  2 Advanced IVR ports

25 CUWL give you one UCCX Standard --> 300 IVR ports

Chris

From the CUWL Ordering Guide (Pg. 21)

Cisco Unified Contact Center Express: You are entitled to one Cisco Unified Contact Center Express Standard Agent for every 25 UWL PRO users you purchase. You must select the Cisco Unified Contact Center Express version. You may also select a Structured Query Language (SQL) server option, which is not included in the price of UWL. If you wish to upgrade these licenses to Enhanced or Premium agents, you should follow the same process you would if upgrading a standard agent purchased a la carte or through UCL. No high-availability option is available for Standard Agents.

AFAIK, this implies that 25 UWL PRO entitles to use 1 CUCCX agent, and 1 agent "gives" you 2 Advanced IVR Ports...

You have to understand the difference between:

UCCX Standard

UCCX Enhanced

UCCX Premium

Standard and Enhanced gives you unlimited IVR ports (300)

Premium is the only one that provides 2 ports for each agent seat

CUWL only entitles you to Standard, so you get all 300 ports.

Chris

Oh I see... thank you so much Chris. Now I get the point (or at least I think so).

So, our customer can:

- buy 25 CUWL Pro upgrade from STD and get a maximum of 300 IVR Ports (and 2 Standard Agent?)

- buy a UCCX "a la carte" with 10 Seats (10 standard Agent) and get 300 IVR Ports

Thanks

Gianstefano

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: