Views
Helpful
Replies

DB Replication Issues

angel-moon
Level 3
Level 3

All,

Can anyone tell me the best way to protect against DB replication issues? I am seen some strange things happen once DB Replications goes haywire.  Any and all suggestions are welcome.

Thanks in advance!   All replies rated.

6 Replies 6

angel-moon
Level 3
Level 3

Just an FYI, the goal is to avoid having to rebuild subscribers from scratch, which can take hours to do. 

If there is firewall between the publisher and subscribers, be 100% all UDP/TCP ports are opened to allow for traffic, see CUCM Port Usage documentation for your CUCM environment.

The main question here is why is your db replication breaking?  Is the environment split between WAN, is it adequately designed, i.e. <80ms latency, adequate bandwidth?  Is network connection reliable?

If the dbreplication is breaking that is most likely due to communication issues between servers, but you should not have to rebuild Subs, there are ways to restore broken dbreplication.  You can also configure alerting for when this occurs via RTMT monitoring or SNMP monitoring.

HTH,

Chris

hello Ming and Chris,

The shortcut methods were already tried.  Replication started back up for a while but failed again.  my money is on network issues.  Just wanted to see if there were any ways to protect against such issues.

You can always classify and re-mark the replication traffic so that it is prioritized if you feel QoS may be an issue here.

Chris

Ming Yuan Chiu
Level 4
Level 4

Your cmhosts file could be screwed and aggravated further with all the nodes being rebuilt. May want to have TAC take a look which requires root to modify it.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: