cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Debug caller id

Phil Bradley
Level 4
Level 4

I am currently upgrading my CM 8.6 to 10.5 and I am having caller id issues with Verizon HD calling enabled phones. These phones will display caller id unknown when calling from call manager on the 8.6 version. I have a sip trunk connected between my two CM versions and the MGCP gateway is on the 8.6 version with the PRI attached. If I call from a phone on the 10.5 version the caller id comes through fine, but when I call from a phone on the 8.6 version the caller id is unknown. Both of these calls go out the MGCP gateway attached to the 8.6 CM. I can turn HD voice off on the Verizon cell phone and caller id comes through fine on both systems. Can I run a debug command to see what caller id is getting passed on the gateway to the PRI provider? There must be a setting difference between the two causing this I just can't seem to find it. I have run debug isdn q931 and the calling party number is I=0x0081 "1234560000" on the CM not working and its I=0x0083 "1234560000" on the working 10.5 CM. The hex value is the only thing I see different.

10 Replies 10

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Can you supply the cucm traces of a test call with caller ID not working.?

cheers

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Can you please confirm from your service provider may be they are not allowing caller Id from their end.

Hi Prashant,

I did find the solution to the problem. I ended up looking at the q931 debug files and was able to track it down. When you turn on advanced calling or HD on a Verizon cell phone, then they do screen based on the cgnpnscreening indicator. The default setting in callmanager 8.6 did not work and I had to set it to call manager provides calling number. In the q931 debug this changes the output to network provided and Verizon HD accepts the caller id.

Phil,

are you saying HD calling via 8.6 will not work? having this issue now and trying to correct. any thoughts?

Hello Phil, 

I am very interested on the details of your solution.  What setting did you change in CUCM and what is a cgnpnscreening indicator?  My company is currently experiencing this issue and our cell phone provider is Verizon.  

Our current band aid is to disable VoLTE or HD calling. 

Under Service Parameters - Clusterwide Parameters - Calling Party Number Screening Indicator

Set this value to Callmanager Provides Calling Number

HTH,

Phil

Hello Safety2008 and Phil -  

I implemented the fix on our CUCM's gateway endpoints configuration page for the circuits.   On the call routing information - outbound calls section.  Once the suggested changes to national and ISDN were made caller ID was displayed on Verizon cell phones with HD calling enabled.  Thank you both for the correct fix.  

Thanks for all of these posts on the subject, I had the same issue as well with caller ID not being displayed on Verizon HD Voice enabled phones.  Changing only the "Calling Numbering Plan" parameter to "ISDN" on our T1/PRI circuit got it working for us.  The previous setting was "Cisco CallManager". 

Edward

along with Phils suggestion, our fix was to change the out bound routing info on the t1's in the gateway. to the values you see in snap. we also had this issue with Verizon and seemed to be a growing complaint recently. all set for now.

called party

calling party

called numbering

calling numbering

Stanley

This resolved  my issue as well!  Thank you so much!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: