Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Debug ccsip messges but exclude OPTIONS

Hello,

I'm working on a project to configure a CUBE for a customer.

I often use the debug ccsip messages command to view all the SIP packets but since all the OPTION packets are shown as well it looks messy on the console.

Is there a way to filter/exclude Options packets from this debug ?

Regards

Jerome

5 Replies 5

donmitswv
Level 1
Level 1

I don't believe there is any way to filter them in IOS but Usually I'll run the debug then copy the output into Translator X. it has an option to filter the Options messages.

http://www.translatorx.org

Don Mynes

I also do that, but it would be nice to be able to filter specific Requests

Agreed, this is a feature we could do with. To migrate from ISDN to SIP involves many hours spent looking at these debugs and the console is full of OPTIONS ping messages which make it difficult to see the wood from the trees. The obvious solution would be for Cisco to add a feature within the existing "Voice Call Debug Filtering".

Cisco, are you listening?

Another option would be to switch off option polling while you're doing the basic commissioning and troubleshooting.

I agree with James that this would be extremely helpful to be able to suppress the SIP Options PINGs in the debug.

It not only clutters up the screen and obscures the useful call setup information; when you're testing something, it often causes the output of a show command you've just issued to scroll way off the screen.  Translator X does help but it would be nice to be able to do this natively in the gateway.

Turning off the options ping as Tony suggests is not a good alternative solution IMO for two reasons.  First, I think you have to reset the trunk for this to take effect.  Second, some of the Options Pings are coming from the SIP Provider side and cannot be disabled by the enterprise team.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: