Views
Helpful
Replies

Decrease number of rings in cucm

s.maxina1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All

Is there any way to reduce number of rings for all incoming calls for no answer condition( general settings for all ip phones)?
In other words, if some one call me and I don’t want to answer that call( no answer condition), after some rings, call forced to disconnected.

I know that there is a parameter which after 12 seconds by default in no answer condition, call will be forwarded. But I don’t want forward call and I only want to reduce number of rings for incoming call. 
reason: some people when calling the other, wait for a lot of time to his/her answer(maybe 10 rings or more). This will be annoy other personal in that room to hear so many rings.

also, I know that I can forward a no answer call to null number( fake number) to call disconnected. But I don’t want this case.

cucm version: 10.5

best regards

Sina HR

5 Replies 5

From what I can think of from the top of my head there are no other options than what you already have pointed out for this. I might for sure be wrong on this.

Response Signature

Andrew Skelly
Level 7
Level 7

Yes you can absolutely change this.  You can either do it as a change to a System Parameter (enterprise wide change) or you can do it on a per-DN basis.  If you want to change it as a System Parameter, you want to change the "Ring Setting of Idle Station".  The default value is "Ring", but you can change it to "Ring Once", which means that it will only go through a single ring cycle one time at the phone (keep in mind that it is a single cycle of whatever ring tone the phone has, not the 6 second ring cycle the caller hears).  The default ring cycle time (i.e. 20 seconds) before No Answer will still apply.   Conversely you can change this directly on a DN as well.  If you are changing it on a DN, you want to change the "Ring Setting (Phone Idle)" value to "Ring Once".  Leaving it as "Use System Default" will force it to use whatever value you specified in the System Parameter.  You can change it on your own phone and take it for a test to see how it works and if this is the desired result.

Please rate helpful posts by clicking the thumbs up!

Hi Andrew

thanks for reply. Just for test, I change the "Ring Setting of Idle Station" for my ip phone as "Ring Once" and after one ring, it will be flash only. But one ring is very few. I need to change it to my favorite number. Is there anyway?

Two other possibilities, in addition to the excellent suggestions of @Andrew Skelly 

1) On a per-DN basis you can set the "No Answer Ring Duration (seconds)" which will change the number of seconds a DN will ring before rolling to the No Answer Behavior. That number can be longer or shorter.

2) Deploy iDivert, allowing users to divert calls to voicemail when the iDivert softkey is pressed rather than waiting for the No Answer behavior to occur. This would allow people who do not want to answer a call to handle that call without annoying their neighbors.

Maren

Hi Maren

thanks for reply 

I know that cases you described. In my favorite case, I ask to change a parameter to reduce number of rings generally without any forwarding ways. Apparently, there is no feature like this in cucm as I wanted. Based on Andrew statement, “one ring” can be useful if we could change favorites rings instead of “one ring”.

thanks.