Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Default 3 beep tones when no MOH

Hello,

We've set up our phones into Device Pools with MRLG contening no MOH ressources. Then when on hold (network or user) we have a default 3 beep tone instead of other audio sources. So far it's what we wanted.

But I need to play some kind of music when on hold onto UCCX. The problem is I need then to set MOH into my device pools to allow CTI ports to play the music. And by default phones will then play the Default Network/User Hold MOH Audio Source ID.

I would like to retrieve this 3 beep tones music and upload it as a new audio source and set it as the new Default Network/User Hold MOH Audio Source ID.

Is it possible ? Where can I find this 3 beep tones music onto the CUCM ?

(Running CUCM 8.6.2-23900 with all up to date device package / firmwares ...)

Thanks,

JC

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Those tones are not available for download from CUCM, you'll need to build your own MOH file along with those tones.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

View solution in original post

You will need to upload any MOH source to all the servers that will serve MOH files. If any server in your cluser is not deployed as MOH server, then you dont need to upload any audio files to it.

Please rate all useful posts

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

Ben Morgan
Level 3
Level 3

Hi JC,

Are you only interested in playing MOH to PSTN Callers into the UCCX system? or do you have to play MOH to internal phones aswell?

If only required to play MOH to PSTN Callers, then just ensure you have a separate Device pool for the CTI Ports and add MRGL with MOH Server to the Device Pool. Leave the general internal phones in the device pool with no MOH resource.

Also ensure the gateway has an MOH resource.

Cheers

Ben

Please rate if you found this reply useful.

Hi,

We need to play music for internal and external callers. So I need to add MOH also to internal phones.

The only solution imo is to add the current 3 tones and silence "music" as an audio source.

The easyest way is to retrieve it from CUCM. If it is played, it's located somewhere...

JC,

Those tones are not available for download from CUCM, you'll need to build your own MOH file along with those tones.

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

Ok then I'll try to record a call with hold sequence on my recording system, extract it as a wav and grab the desired part with Audacity or something similar. I don't know if BIB considers hold music as a valid RTP stream to duplicate. Should be the case.

Thanks anyway Javalenc.

Hi Jean,

Just to let you know i did exactly what you are doing a couple of months ago.I used our recording application (NICE) and it worked fine.Retrieved the recording and then tidied it up using audacity.

cheers

mark

Thanks, I'm more enjoyed to do it as I know it works...

What I'm not sure about is if like firmwares we must upload audio source on all the servers in the cluster whatever the services they are running , beginning with Pub, then Subs running MOH, and other Subs.

On those running IPVMS that's sure, but on others....

Can you clarify ?

JC

Not sure what you mean by firmware, do you mean on the phones? if so you don't need to worry about that.

on the servers make sure ipvms is enabled and the moh server are enabled aswell.

My question was about uploading music file to servers that are not running IPVMS and MOH because they're dedicated to other means.

For phone firmware you must upload to Pub first, then TFTP then other servers, even if they're not running TFTP to distribute firmware.

You will need to upload any MOH source to all the servers that will serve MOH files. If any server in your cluser is not deployed as MOH server, then you dont need to upload any audio files to it.

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

Thanks for clarifying. Good answer too.

Unfortunately these tones are not recorded. Wether mute is activated or not. My voice is recorded but the beep beep beep is missing.

Using the Sample Audio Source, it works.

Specific then to this default beep tones when no MOH. Something embedded into the firmware maybe, because I can hear it but the internal DSP does not see any stream to fork to Nice.

Final answer is : possible to record this beep tone.

Doing an internal call between 2 phones, the beep was missing onto the recorded call.

Doing an external call through the gw to PSTN, coming back to the other phone, it works...

JC