cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Delay for new greeting to be in effect

SteveK066
Level 1
Level 1

Not a big deal, but I've noticed after recording a new greeting for a Call Handler or my voicemail. it will be several seconds before it actually plays. If calling the Call Handler or voicemail number with 15 seconds or so after recording, I'd still hear the original recording. I'd immediately call back, and then hear the new one.

Although I don't recall a recent occurrence, I thought I also experienced a similar situation after uploading a new script and applying it to the CCX Application. I can't be sure about that though, but it definitely has happened with voicemail recordings. I just wonder if others have experienced this and I should consider it to be a normal process?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

MxHadi
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco Unity Connection (CUC) is inherently slow and takes some time to apply new settings to any aspect of the system components.
It seems to be due to the design of its software.
Give it time and be patient.. it's ok  ^-^

I haven't experienced what you are saying, but I am facing several other similar cases in my projects and it seems normal.

Anyway,
What version of CUC are you using?..

-- if this helped, please rate by click (Accept as solution) or (Helpful) --

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

MxHadi
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco Unity Connection (CUC) is inherently slow and takes some time to apply new settings to any aspect of the system components.
It seems to be due to the design of its software.
Give it time and be patient.. it's ok  ^-^

I haven't experienced what you are saying, but I am facing several other similar cases in my projects and it seems normal.

Anyway,
What version of CUC are you using?..

Hello - CUCM is 12.5.1.18100-14. UCCX is 2.5.1.11002-481. Like you said, it is ok, after a few seconds the new greeting will be in effect. I've also noticed it with Unity, such as when updating my voicemail greeting. Just wanted to see if it's normal, which I guess it is.

Years ago working on systems that were CLI only - when Windows or any computer interfaces weren't yet common, I got used to expecting changes to be immediate.

yes, CUC has own world for itself.. 

another thing i get feedback many times from my customers, is about why CUC get all of RAM of his machine at once..?
Because it causes a red indicator to show in VMware vCenter panel and sometimes it makes people confused whether it is really a problem or not.. 

and so far, we just say to customers, take it easy, and let CUC do his job.. ^-^

Yes, I guess just a little bit of patience is key - it'll update. I rarely get to see the hardware. Interesting the CUC processing can be enough to illuminate the red indicator. Not surprising with the immense amount of data processed and logged for review in less than one second.